We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A good hotel in central Jakarta

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
4 posts
Save Topic
A good hotel in central Jakarta

Suggest me a good 4* OR 5* hotel IN CENTRAL JAKARTA. It Should be in the range of USD 100-150 Per night. I am a single traveller on a business trip to Jakarta.

All reviews complain about bad condition of either bedroom or the bathroom in terms of maintenance Whether it is NOVOTEL, SHERATON MEDIA, ALILA ETC. Etc.Need a genuine suggestion for a good Hotel in Central Jakarta .

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A good hotel in central Jakarta

Where is your business will take place? It is important to choose hotel close to the business meeting venue as traffic in Jakarta can compromise your schedule.

If you want the really good 5-star, you must raise your budget, then you can get an excellent hotel (where the review is not mixed).

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A good hotel in central Jakarta

My business is two days near Internatinal expo and two days in all directions of Jakarta. Can go upto USD 150-200

If we compare

Alila

Sheraton Media,

Borobudur

The which one is better ?

Any other good hotel in range of USD 150-200

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
45,923 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A good hotel in central Jakarta

<<good hotel in centralr>>

The best golden middle decision is to stay in Welcome monument vicinity. Choose one of the hotels on the square:

Mandarin Oriental

Kempinski

Garnd Hyatt

Nikko

Sari Pan Pacific

Pullman Jakarta

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A good hotel in central Jakarta

There is no Hotel Nikko Jakarta (it has been rebranded into Pullman). Pullman Jakarta is not so good until thorough refurbishment exercise has been completed (so, don't stay there in the near future at least until end of this year).

Sari Pan Pacific is okay, other choice is The Akmani, a newer choice. They're both 4-star.

I vote for Grand Hyatt or Mandarin Oriental.

For the hotels that you mentioned, I do not have personal favourite as all are rather old and Alila, the better choices of the three, is not so close either to Jakarta International Expo. Sheraton which is the nearest has seen better days

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A good hotel in central Jakarta

Nuclius, are you by the way the same person as Krish20004? Because both of you are having eeriely same query...

4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: A good hotel in central Jakarta

There is an internation event in international Expo related to Pharmaceutical Industry.Thousands of pharma professionals all over the south east asia are supposed to attend this event.So there can be many many queries similar to mine or identical.

What is want is purely a business class hotel totally safe n secure so that I can have my business meetings there

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A good hotel in central Jakarta

Your event organizer might already give you recommendation on hotels in the nearby area (I suggest it was being Borobudur, Sheraton Media, or Alila). Big chance other conference's participants will also staying at either of these hotels, thus easier for you to arrange meetings. However, if you'd prefer to stay somewhere else, consider the recommendation above.

4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: A good hotel in central Jakarta

Yes, you are right .Event organiser suggested some hotels. Actually I was little bit confused after looking at tripadvisor reviews about these hotels. But I think I should go with event organisers recommendations. Anyway thank you for your support

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
45,923 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A good hotel in central Jakarta

cirque,

i already have your comment NOTED in the other thread regarding <<Pullman Jakarta Indonesia, formerly known as hotel nikko jakarta >>

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A good hotel in central Jakarta

Hi, Pullman on Thamrin (be careful, there are 2 pullman in JKT) is quite good. As everyone says, it is ex-Nikko. If not wrong, usually around 120 plus tax..the breakfast is amazing.