We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Factory Outlets in Jakarta

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Factory Outlets in Jakarta

I lived in Jakarta for 5 years in the 90's. My family and I are coming back for a month in July to visit. Are there any good factory outlets in Jakarta, surrounding towns or even Bandung? Brands I used to stumble on in 'Basaaraya' in Blok M were Lacoste, Adidas, Nike, Ralph Lauren etc, can you you still grab a bargain?

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Factory Outlets in Jakarta

Im visiting Jakarta this month and staying at Mangga Besar. Im expecting to find a factory outlet at Mangga area for brand like Adidas, Nikw, RALPH LAUREN, LACOSTE, GUCCI, BURBERRY etc big brand. Where i should go for these brand (not the original but very good quality) in Jakarta? I've been to bandung but now i just wanna explore these branded factory outlet in Jakarta. Appreciate your opinion.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Factory Outlets in Jakarta

Adidas, Nike, etc don't look at factory outlets but at Sports Station or Sports Warehouse which constantly offer discounted sports apparel. During festive seasons, there are always sale period.

For fake sport shoes, you can browse around at Mangga Dua (either ITC or Pasar Pagi). But one can easily tell the difference to the original. Quality: very bad.

Ralph Lauren: there is a Polo Ralph Lauren store at shopping malls. However, at select department stores, you can spot Polo stores (without the "RL" logo but only man playing polo) which price is moreover comparable. But stocks are limited to polo shirts and dress shirts.

These days factory outlets are more selective in determining the brands, rather than imitating big designer label, they go for their own design but put "renowned" label.

But for fake Gucci or Burberry accessories, you can go to Mangga Dua where you can find lots of imitation. Quality: price will speak for itself, the Rp50,000 fake Burberry bag will surely incomparable to Rp350,000 fake Burberry bag.

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Factory Outlets in Jakarta

LOL. You get what you pay for.

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Factory Outlets in Jakarta

Best Factory Stores I found were on Level 2 of Pejaten Village Mall and the Brasco, next door to Citos (Cilandak) both south Jakarta. I picked up a real Lacoste Shirt for GBP 12 (Rp 150000) and good Burberry Jeans for GBP 14 (Rp 190,000). Some great deals and certainly not fakes in these stores.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,450 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Factory Outlets in Jakarta

Textile apparel are all real things, mostly from the rejected stocks or false labeled. Remember - it is ALL local made .....even if it carries >made in italy> tag. LOL But sure jeans and T-shirts are of the best quality.

And there is always no guarantee what stocks are now available in FO, sometimes it is all Bebe or Baby Phat, sometimes VDB or Guess etc.

26. Re: Factory Outlets in Jakarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2011, 16:15