We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to West Jakarta by taxi

Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Airport to West Jakarta by taxi

Hello,

Me and my family will arrive at Jakarta airport (terminal 1) on saturday 8 september in the morning. I've been reading a lot about the taxi's, buses and trains but it doesn't answer my questions.

What is the best way to go from the airport to hotel Grand Tjokro (west Jakarta)? I think a taxi is the best option because I've read that Duri station isn't ready yet. Or is there a direct bus that stops near the hotel?

And if we take a taxi, we have to take a bluebird. Do we have to buy a ticket at a desk/office or do we pay the driver when we arrive? What will it approximately cost?

And where exactly can we find the bluebird taxi and know it is really a bluebird. I've read a lot about scams so I am a little worried we take the wrong taxi. Are there fake taxis with the name bluebird, or can I be sure it's a real bluebird if the logo is right and there is a number on the door?

maybe a lot of questions but I want to make sure we won't be victim of this scams.

Kind regards,

Nathasja

14 replies to this topic
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Airport to West Jakarta by taxi

Blue bird is blue but not all taxis are blue bird.

How do you know? They have a sticker on wind screen that says blue bird group

They run on meter and you will see taxi stand after you exit the building

jakarta
Level Contributor
31 posts
142 reviews
2. Re: Airport to West Jakarta by taxi

Hi, I don't know that hotel and area since I'm not familiar with west Jakarta.

But for the taxi, mostly it is good to use bluebird.

Inside the airport perhaps they will offer you Silver Bird which is more spacious, more expensive, the colour is black and still in one group with Blue Bird.

But if you prefer the blue blue-bird, after going out the airport asks someone about the line to queue for blue bird.

You have to say to the coordinator that you need a taxi so he can write your name in the list.

Mostly you have to pay the parking fee (about 5000 IDR), highway cost (just prepare 20000 IDR).

You will give this money to the driver when they ask.

If they don't ask means that they use their money first.

You will pay the cost in the end, at the last destination based on the meter and those additional fees.

It is good if you can give some tip money.

About blue bird, yeah... not all blue taxi is blue bird.

I suggest you to google blue bird, memorize its logo and what is written on their body.

Blue bird has a lot of 'kids' or groups, so perhaps you will see 2 different logos when you google it, and 'Pusaka" or "Blue bird" is written on their body.

Here, check this link

"bluebirdgroup.com/uncategorized/regular-taxi/"

If you are not in the airport and need a bluebird perhaps you can order by phone or application.

Edited: 10 August 2018, 03:42
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Airport to West Jakarta by taxi

Thanks for your reactions ekoputranto and bikerinthecity. I now know where to look at/for to make sure it's a bluebird.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
26 posts
137 reviews
4. Re: Airport to West Jakarta by taxi

Hi there, if you come along with your family, how many person and baggage? Since taxi only 4 people max. if you come with more than 4 people and with some baggage its much easiest and cheaper if you ask Grand Tjokro hotel to provide transportation from the hotel. Normal rate for hotel transportation is around IDR 400K (USD 27) around Jakarta, the car used is minibus.

Welcome to Jakarta and have fun!!

Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Airport to West Jakarta by taxi

We are with 4 persons, but we also have backpacks so I always assume that we have to take two taxis.

I have read that 1 taxi to the city centre is 150.000 idr, but it is in West Jakarta, so that will be a littje bit cheaper. Two taxis will still be cheaper than airport shutle from hotel (If we don't get scammed :) )

But thank you for the advice, I will ask the hotel what it exactly cost.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
624 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Airport to West Jakarta by taxi

May I ask why you've chosen Grand Tjokro?

Not much can be explored within walking distance. The nearest mall is Ciputra Mall, which should take around 15 minutes by walking with bad sidewalks, traffic chaos, and constant heat. The area can be considered seedy as there are a couple of dodgy bars (read: prostitution) near your hotel. Food options are poor - most of them are below the standard of hygiene.

Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Airport to West Jakarta by taxi

ohw my god haha I didn't know that about the area.

We are backpacking, coming from Kalimantan, spending one day in Jakarta, the day after that we will fly to Malaysia. The reason why we go to Jakarta was because a friend of my mother lived here, we where going to visit her. But she suddenly moved back to the Netherlands. So we don't have a plan anymore for that day.

Because we allready bought the flight tickets we are kind of stuck to Jakarta that day.

I chose this hotel because it is reasonably close to the airport, so we have less trouble with traffic jams.

I can still cancel the hotel for free. So where do you suggest to stay?

We arrive on saturday at 8.45 am and our flight the next day will leave at 11.15am

Thank you very much for this information!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
624 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Airport to West Jakarta by taxi

What would you like to do? Would you be interested in checking out the malls? Or maybe shopping? Or eating?

If you want proximity to the airport plus getting around during the day then a hotel in Pantai Indah Kapuk area is a nice option. If you want to see briefly what Jakarta is like without venturing out, then a hotel around Central Park area (not too far away from the area where Grand Tjokro is) is suitable. Please specify your preferences.

Edited: 10 August 2018, 21:12
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: Airport to West Jakarta by taxi

We would like to be in an area with restaurants and nice bars/cafés. Just relaxing that day, maybe a massage, and explore a little part of Jakarta. Is the area around Sudirman baru station nice? Because to and from there is the new train line. We don't have to worry about traffic jam then.

jakarta
Level Contributor
31 posts
142 reviews
10. Re: Airport to West Jakarta by taxi

I would recommend Taman Sari Royal Heritage Spa for massage. My favorite.

Reply to: Airport to West Jakarta by taxi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted