We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Sunday in Jakarta

Greater London...
4 posts
A Sunday in Jakarta

Hi All,

I will be in Jakarta on Sunday the 16th of September for a connecting flight to Jogja, I land at 10:30pm the night prior (Saturday the 15th of September) and have booked a stay at Millenium Hotel Sirih Jakarta (long flight so will use the hotel for some sleep + freshen up).

My onward flight departs CKG at 7pm, QUESTION - what time should I get to CKG for check-in etc and since I will be travelling from Central Jakarta, what time should I ideally leave Central Jakarta to get to CKG on time for the flight at 7pm on a Sunday? I will take a taxi to CKG.

My plan for the day is to start early and get a glimpse of Monas Tower, check out a restaurant for lunch, try some street food and if time allows will visit Istiqlal Mosque.

Thank you!

Anwar

9 replies to this topic
Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,455 posts
866 reviews
1. Re: A Sunday in Jakarta

You could of course go visit Kota Tua where there are lots of old colonial buildings, restaurants and several museums all in a relatively small area.

I think you should allow an hour to get to the airport and arrive there 3 hours before departure. If your departure is from Terminal 3 then there are lots of places to eat or drink in the departure lounge.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
198 posts
157 reviews
2. Re: A Sunday in Jakarta

Hi AnwarH06,

Nice itinerary you've planned I think. So go ahead, it will realizable. In Jakarta for domestic flight, if I can suggest you can spare 3 hours before boarding to get airport. Do check in online before to confirm your attendance. Have a happy travel. Enjoy Jakarta :)

Greater London...
4 posts
3. Re: A Sunday in Jakarta

Thanks both.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
624 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: A Sunday in Jakarta

Just to give you the idea, Jakarta's traffic gets to nightmare level after 4.30 PM.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
153 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: A Sunday in Jakarta

No traffic on sundays people, if its car free day there is not traffic what so ever.

But yes Sundays great for site seeing in Jakarta. allow 1.3 hours to get to airport from sudirman.

Edited: 09 August 2018, 11:36
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
4,768 posts
68 reviews
6. Re: A Sunday in Jakarta

Duskit is right, minimal traffic on Sunday

I always do online check in so the earliest that I will get on a cab is 3 hours before flight.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
624 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: A Sunday in Jakarta

Oopsie! My bad, I must have missed the Sunday part.

jakarta
Level Contributor
31 posts
142 reviews
8. Re: A Sunday in Jakarta

yes, there will be less traffic on sunday.

But just to remind you that car free day is only until 11 a.m. not the whole day.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
26 posts
137 reviews
9. Re: A Sunday in Jakarta

Hello Anwar, welcome to Jakarta!!

Some travellers said you can visit Kota Tua which you can use a public bus (Trans Jakarta, 40 cents) and stopped at Kota Tua. You can visit Musem Bank (10 cens entry), Ceramic Museum, Wayang Museum and sight seeing Jakarta old building. Also near your hotel, which is walkable you can go to Monumen Nasional, the statue of Indonesia near presidency house. Across the street you can see Museum Gajah.

But if you dont like go to museum maybe you can try a night when you arrived to see night life in Jakarta. You can use a cab (bluebird) from your hotel to Mangga Besar, Gajah Mada and Pecenongan to try a food street. near your hotel also there is many bar and lounge or you can go to Grand Indonesia which is very big mall and etc.

And near Grand Indonesia you can take MRT to airport from Sudirman Baru Station, its only 1 hour if you have plenty of time on that day by not going anywhere. its cost around USD 3/trip last time i used it. Its every half an hour. and if your flight is on 7PM you can take train on 15:51 arrived at 16:24.

Your hotel is at the best area, many food street, etc. so enjoy your short lay over in Jakarta, Have fun!!

Edited: 10 August 2018, 08:08
Reply to: A Sunday in Jakarta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted