We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended driver list, March 2016

London
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
106 reviews
Recommended driver list, March 2016

This might die a quick forum death, but as the previous recommended driver list has disappeared and so many people are hunting for it, perhaps we should start a new one here ourselves?

If you have a driver to recommend, add them below.

If you're someone who is looking for a driver and want further details of someone in particular, perhaps message the recommender directly and try to avoid adding comments so that it becomes a list that is easy for people to skim.

If your driver has been recommended once already, you don't need to put their name up again (unless the thread becomes very long).

If you see any self-promotion, just report it as advertising and it will be removed no need to comment.

If you're recommending a driver, maybe explain how long you've been using them for and elaborate their specialities if they have any (ie photographic skills, licensed guide as well as a driver, child seats available, smaller or larger vehicles etc)

225 replies to this topic
Perth Western...
Level Contributor
885 posts
10 reviews
51. Re: Recommended driver list, March 2016

Here are my DRIVERS details.

over many trips to Bali I have used a number of DRIVERS some recommended on trip advisor the one I would recommend over all I have used is Made Chepot he has a late model car in excellent condition that can take up to 7 passengers & also has all the insurances & licences. He is absolutely amazing so personable & funny with excellent spoken english He is a husband & father with 2 children & I now class him as a friend. I have recommended him a lot on this forum & happy to say have received fantastic reports from those that chose to use his services. his rates are 600,000rp full day & 350,000rp half day & can supply baby seat on request

Tell him Jeanette & John sent you

Made Chepot

Ph. +6281 338 174 561

Email made.cepot@yahoo.com

Edited: 08 July 2016, 14:00
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
52. Re: Recommended driver list, March 2016

Like Karen C, I can recommend Kadek Suastika.

Kadek took my family of 4 on a long day tour we had worked up ourselves.

He gave our plans his own touch, taking us to "off the map" locations.

He has two vans, both relatively new, with good A/C.

Importantly, Kadek gave us a great insight into Bali's social structure, life on a day to day basis, and how tourism is impacting.

He is a great driver, goes about on back roads often, and will provide a day full of sights and memories.

London, United...
Level Contributor
704 posts
8 reviews
53. Re: Recommended driver list, March 2016

Great for starting the list Karen.

I came back yesterday, he does work for somebody else who were based nearly opposite the Prama sanur beach (turn right out of the hotel next to the tailors).

He is really funny, gave me tips on staying safe, cheapest place to shop and prices I should pay. Honest and informative about balinese culture and what I missed seeing. Took me where I want and gave a good price 400,000 from Ubud to see tanah lot, stop at seminyak, and down to Jimbaran my itinerary. Showed me weddings and slowed down for me to take pictures, answered my questions, and made us both laugh. Drove around to get avoid exchange rate and he really knows his stuff. He took pictures of us without me asking,very humble man

Wayan ( his surname is in my suitcase)

+62081236426662

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
44 posts
76 reviews
54. Re: Recommended driver list, March 2016

Thanks to Mr. Noel from the Philippines for using Nyoman Arinata as a driver recently. Nyoman was so happy to be of help:)

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
44 posts
76 reviews
55. Re: Recommended driver list, March 2016

Below is the email for my driver:

Nyoman's email address is:

nyomanarinata@hotmail.com

He is the driver who helped me when I had an accident and stayed with me all day watching over my purse, passport, money, credit cards, etc. and went and got me juice and stayed with me up until I was admitted into the hospital for an emergency surgery. He is a professional driver and a truly exceptional and kind human being. He and his family even came and visited me in the hospital:) Very sweet people, beautiful heart.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
83 posts
320 reviews
56. Re: Recommended driver list, March 2016

We contacted Wayan Merta (got his contact through tripadvisor forums). His replies were quick and to the point. And he was undoubtedly one of the best drivers we have had in our trips. He is always on time, does not drink or smoke (which is very common in Bali) and has a good tips for tourists. He is available at wayanmerta17@yahoo.com and +6208123609749. Highly recommended!

57. Re: Recommended driver list, March 2016

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2016, 20:53

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
20 reviews
58. Re: Recommended driver list, March 2016

I met my driver Choky down at Ibis Styles Tanjung Benoa 3 years ago

Choky is a lovely man originally from Sumatra but in Bali for over 20 years I think!

He speaks perfect English & Russian and is always on time..He is a good driver.. I always feel safe and his car is always clean.

I use him now every trip (3 times a year!!!) and he has taken us all over the island

He is a quiet man who once you get to know, will have great chats with you, answering all your questions and he is not a pushy 'salesman' trying to take you to all the tourist traps for a kick back.

Instead he will help you organise a half day or full day trip to go where you want to go & do what you want to.

He loves good music and has a stack of great CD's to listen to as well!

His mobile number is +62 812 46756797

59. Re: Recommended driver list, March 2016

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2016, 15:29

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
60. Re: Recommended driver list, March 2016

I cannot recommend Made Doels highly enough. From company called Transport and Tour Service.

Fantastic english. Great car with great air conditioning. V kind man who is very knowledgeable and doesnt try to push you to places so that he will get commission.

Contact Made at - Email - madedoels@outlook.com . Phone (+62 for Outside Bali) 081 916 267 775.

Very resonable prices. VERY good driver. Totally safe.

Reply to: Recommended driver list, March 2016
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted