We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Car Rental

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Bali Car Rental

I am wanting to rent a car (self drive) to travel around the island. Can anyone advise on a reputable local car hire company, or should I just go with the multi-nationals (Avis etc). Have read some reviews but most are outdated.

22 replies to this topic
sydney
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bali Car Rental

Driving in Bali - crazy I say.

Riding a bike in Bali - extra crazy especially coming from Australia driving conditions.

It is amazing how there are not many accidents.

Hire a good driver . It wont cost that much more and you can enjoy the view, without any of the stress.

I do have a driver you can email and he will give you some prices via email.

lanus.tour@gmail.com Lanus is our family friend now and we have been using him for many years.

Tell him kim recommend him , he will look after you.

He apparently has family in Lombok that has accomendation and next time I am there thinking of doing a few days over there with him.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Lombok
Lombok
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Bali Car Rental

Thanks for all your comments. Finished up using PT.Amerthadana, located at 104 Werkudara, Legian (opposite Tommys Cafe).Got a little Suzuki Karimun $16.00/day (plus insurance) for 10 days. Drove from Legian, up through Sanur, on to Padangbai, Candidasa, Amed,Tejakula, then inland to Kintamani and down to Ubud. From Ubud back towards Denpasar then swing off towards Tabanan and on to Balian. Finally back to Legian.

The little car was great (for 2 people) did not miss a beat and was easy on petrol.

Highly recommend Mr Komang and PT.Amerthadana - great service, great car! Will be using these guys again.

Just to let you know we did not pre-book any accomodation, just went with the flow - no problems at all

Mentioned in this post
Tommy's Cafe
Tommy's Cafe
352 Reviews
Legian, Indonesia
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Padangbai
Padangbai
Bali, Indonesia
Candidasa
Candidasa
Karangasem, Indonesia
Amed
Amed
Abang, Indonesia
Tejakula
Tejakula
Bali, Indonesia
Kintamani
Kintamani
Bangli, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Denpasar
Denpasar
Bali, Indonesia
Tabanan
Tabanan
Bali, Indonesia
Balian Beach
Balian Beach
168 Reviews
Tabanan, Indonesia
Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
15 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bali Car Rental

most car rental now dont want to rent their car without driver due to too many car missing/gone

i suggest you to rent a car with a driver. there's uber, normal taxi ( Blue bird) or the hotel can provide you with that.

driving in indonesia is not easy, too many distraction like motorbike, bike, etc etc u will need eyes on the back too LOL...but seriously, i suggest u not to drive by urself until u have the idea how to drive there.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Bali Car Rental

Hi Sandycranny, sounds like you had quite an adventure.

Tell me how did you find driving throughout Bali, did you find it easy, scary, too much traffic...etc? The reason I ask is I am driving from Kuta to Amed, Lovina and Ubud in a few weeks. I've ridden a scooter many many times in Bali and other SE Asian countries but never driven. I am not worried about it, actually really looking forward to it but I would love to hear from your experience. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Amed
Amed
Abang, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Bali Car Rental

Hi there,

I just wanted to ask whether anyone has used Bali Multi Rental as I'm looking at booking with them?

Thanks,

Estela

Edited: 02 February 2016, 00:58
Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Sydney
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Bali Car Rental

I used Nuris Car rent in Kuta and had no problem at all and a good price

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
17. Re: Bali Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 June 2016, 16:05

18. Re: Bali Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2017, 02:20

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Bali Car Rental

We used BaliCar4rent and they were terrible, old car which broke down and not able to connect with them after the issue at all. Phone does not work and they just ignore all emails !!

Chennai, Tamil...
1 post
Save Reply
20. Re: Bali Car Rental

Was your experience with this service provider good ?

Edited: 13 March 2017, 19:44
Reply to: Bali Car Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted