We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf in Bali

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Golf in Bali

What are the best Golf Courses in Bali and which would be a Top 5 Star Hotel to stay which is close to the Courses.

Many thanks for the help in advance

Philipp

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf in Bali

Hi!

Have a look at Pan Pacific Nirwana Golf Resort at Tanah Lot! It is one of Asia's best courses, staying at the resort attracts an inhouse discounted golf rate. There is also Handara Kosaido Golf and Country Club at Bedugal, built in the crater of an extinct volcano, a magnificient location for golf, best to play in the mornings. The accommodation is ageing and is very cold in the evenings. You can arrange a driver to take you there for a game. The New Kuta Golf Course at Pecatu is located around towards Uluwatu. The Raffles Golf Club, (a social group) welcome visitors to join in their friendly comps and no obligation to join, however, for the small joining fee you will enjoy discounted rates with them.

Truly, you cannot go past Pan Pacific! The Course is challenging, across cliff tops, beside rice paddies, undulating greens, beside the ocean, over a river, No 7 is their signature hole, a par 3 over a cliff towards Tanah Lot temple!

The resort has recently been refurbished and you will enjoy a great golfing holiday, with many choices on site for meals, 4 interconnecting pools, beautifully kept grounds.

It is about a 40 minute drive from Seminyak, isolated, yes, but so relaxing, peaceful, enjoyable!

By the way, I do not play golf!!! I love Pan Pacific, my husband is the golfer and I have been around the course often as a "sightseer", never failing to enjoy the course!

Saturdays are very difficult to get a game as it is Club Comp day and members turn up in their droves! It is best to book in advance, either direct with the pro shop or with the assistance of guest services!

I hope you enjoy your holiday!

cheers!

wendy

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf in Bali

Dear Wendy,

many thanks your kind and long Email. That's great then I will look to book there in the Pan Pacific.

I was just as well wondering if it's notto far away to join the other Golf Courses but seems not.

Many thanks again

Best regards

Philipp

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf in Bali

Hi Philipp!

If you are staying for a while, of course you can make a day trip to Handara and Pecatu! I would suggest setting off just after breakfast for a 10 - 11 am (no later) tee off at Handara. With Pecatu, anytime, however, be aware of delays in traffic, especially 3 - 6 pm on your return journey, as you will be mingling with tourists returning/visiting Uluwatu, workers etc. shift changeovers and of course the chaotic traffic around Kuta/Legian/Seminyak in the late afternoon early evening.

A "golf view" room at Pan Pacific, faces a fairway with ocean glimpses and is a very relaxing outlook, a fair walk back to the restaurants/pools etc.

We have stayed at golf view, ocean view, and villas and of course the villas are numero uno!! Second would be the golf view, for quiet, relaxing, watching the bird life, squirrels, the golfers going past!!

Cheers

wendy

Toukley
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf in Bali

Sorry to drop in but how much should we be looking at for hubby to have a round of golf in Bali please, with me as a 'sightseer' too :)

We obviously would need to hire clubs too please. I have heard it is verrry expensive but that course you are talking about overlooking tanah lot sounds worth it Wendy! Cheers

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf in Bali

Hi Twello!

No need to apologise! "one in all in" on the forum!!

I went and found the link to the golf at PanPacific Nirwana. Click on this below, and you will not only see prices (ouch!), but course layout, pics, all types of tempting words etc! Have fun, even if it is only just looking at this site!

On our last stay, we had a buggy ride around the entire course for free! No one playing, just sightseeing!

http://www.nirwanabaligolf.com/en/golf

cheers!

wendy

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf in Bali

hi Wendy my husband is looking at playing at pan Pacific. is it worth playing in the afternoon then getting to see temple at sunset.ands if I went could we use the pool at hotel

Toukley
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf in Bali

Thankyou so much Wendy! Have scoured the website to find the answers to these questions but have got to ask you! :)

Firstly, does the sightseer have to page all that money too?? Please say no :)

& can you take a Bintang or three with us around the course if we but them from there and if so are they reasonably priced. Thanks again Wendy! Cheers mate

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golf in Bali

I have played the course a few times. Stayed there once but also stayed in Legian and drove up for the day. You get a golf cart for the round, so there is no problem taking your partner. They don't have to pay as long as they are not playing. You will also get a caddy which is a great experience. Very knowledgable and will even find you ball on the trees. They hang off the back of the cart when getting around the course. No need to take bintangs as you can get them from the club house. With using the pool, I am sure that wouldn't be a problem

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,697 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Golf in Bali

My husband plays all the courses in Bali and is a member of raffles.

His favourite course is the New Kuta course but I am not sure there is a 5 star hotel next to it.

He also loves the Bali golf and country club but that was closed for renovation, not sure it has opened again ??

The other 2 courses he also really likes and Handara is cooler, being in the mountains. That also has a hotel attched to it. It is not isolated either as it is in Bedugal and so you have the markets and the spice markets and the lake and botanical gardens and treetop adventure park etc etc. It;s also 1 1/2 hours from Ubud and about 45 minutes or so to Lovina.

It always costs anywhere from about $120 to $160 for a game of golf in Bali but hubby says the facilities (take changes of clothes with you to shower) and caddies (do everything except hit the ball) are 5 star.

Enjoy wherever you play, what a treat.

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golf in Bali

Hi Twello!

I have never been charged for sitting in the buggy as a "sightseer"!!! You can take your drinks with you, there is even a small 7/11 type store not far from PP entrance where you could stop on way and purchase some drinks/snacks if you wished. As mentioned you can also purchase at club house before setting off, and at the crossover 9 - 10 there is a building with conveniences, food and drink available also!

Have fun!