We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Covermore Sim card

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
743 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Covermore Sim card

Hi all, have just set up my sim card received with my travel insurance. Can anyone share they've used one if these in Bali for texts/data/phone.

I don't want to get to Bali in 10 days & be stuck.

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
743 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Covermore Sim card

Anyone?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Covermore Sim card

ha, that must be a new one for covermore. I didn't even know they gave out sim cards....well you live and learn. Do they have any contact phone numbers or website for you to look up the info? I won a TravelSim with credit last year and they had website and great phone reps, plus a booklet that I always keep with me.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Covermore Sim card

seems it is a Global Sim??

try this info

www.globalsim.covermore.com.au/content/2/en/

www.globalsim.covermore.com.au/content/4/en/

Have you tried making a call or doing an sms and have you topped up with some credit yet? Check those out first as that will let you know a) if it works and b) if it doesn't that your phone is locked to your network provider.

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
743 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Covermore Sim card

Thanks for your reply souths, yes it's all set up & I sent a sms to my daughter so I guess it's working. It's just a little confusing but I have 9 days to work it out!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Covermore Sim card

if it is working it should be fine over there. You can always double check by ringing them that it is compatible in Bali (as Indonesia as a whole is quoted for rates etc) but it should be good to go.

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Covermore Sim card

It's much easier for you to buy a prepaid (indonesian provider's) sim card.

It's widely sold, and easily found in Bali.

And very cheap, some provider only cost you like 50c (USD) for the initial purchase, then top it up with 50thousand IDR (5USD).

Cheers.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Covermore Sim card

The covermore sims are darn expensive I'd be getting an Indonesian sim once I was there.

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
743 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Covermore Sim card

Oh no really Bepergian. Can you please give me a comparison? If it's really bad I will ditch it (but have put some $ on it ready to go). Expect to use Wifi a lot but will be ringing home to my teenagers & partner a couple of times and to my Dad on Father's Day.

Thanks

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
272 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Covermore Sim card

Had a terrible time with Bali sims. Covermore sim was brilliant. We set our budget and it was fine. Worked first time every time. Will use again.

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
743 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Covermore Sim card

Thanks kaldridge tht's reassuring, thanks for sharing. Pretty sure this is what I will do now :)

Cheers