We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marigold Lounge @ DPS. Anyone used it?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
126 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Marigold Lounge @ DPS. Anyone used it?

When leaving Bali a few nights ago with notice a new lounge the Marigold opposite the Premier Lounge. It looks brand spanking new and we wondered if anyone had used it.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
416 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marigold Lounge @ DPS. Anyone used it?

id love to know more about this

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
290 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marigold Lounge @ DPS. Anyone used it?

Yes, anyone?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
608 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marigold Lounge @ DPS. Anyone used it?

Haven't used Marigold but did use the one right at the very end of the terminal where you board for AA flights , don't even know the name.....it was terrible , old smelly chairs , old food , dirty toilets - the men's was out of order , it was disgusting.

Mrs Bundy was adamant it was good value for 100 000rp , wrong it was 150 000 !...never again !

Perth, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Marigold Lounge @ DPS. Anyone used it?

We used the Marigold lounge last night.

I have to admit after a successful holiday of not being scammed by locals they got us this time.

Went looking for the Prada lounge but couldn't remember the exact name so came across a lady who said she would take us to the premier lounge (name sounded close). She took us upstairs to a lounge and we assumed it was the one.

Wrong.

Apparently this Marigold lounge is a new lounge. So we went in.

Entry was 150,000rp for adult, 75,000rp for child so me, my Missus and daughter was 375,000rp. A bit steep but we had heard good things about this lounge from friends (the other lounge that is).

The marigold lounge was very clean, looks like it has just opened. Has 2 large flat screen TV's and comfortable couches. Has air con and wifi that we didn't use.

The lady at the front said 'all food and drink is free' problem is there wasn't much.

There was water, coke, sprite, fanta or bintang beer in bottles to drink. No spirits or other drink options.

To eat, there were some sandwiches wrapped in glad wrap that looked like they'd been there a while, a cut up watermelon, two cakes, corn flakes and 4 pieces of bread with a toaster and butter. Nothing else.

When we complained they apologized. They said they also own the restaurant downstairs so could get us something from there but could not say what. Eventually we just asked them to get some jam to go on the toast which they did but it took over half an hour and my Missus just got her toast before we left.

We were really disappointed by the lack of food and drink options and recommend everybody give this place a miss for a couple of months until they get their food and drink options sorted out (how hard is it to have a couple of packets of chips or some fruit salad or tubs of yogurt or similar??)

As a side note, if you do use the Marigold lounge, don't rely on them to tell you when your flight is leaving. There was only one other group of people in there with us and they 'forgot' to remind them which left them running out of the lounge at the last minute swearing because they hadn't been told the final call had been made.

Not overly impressed (and will remember to use the Prada lounge instead next time or just not bother with an airport lounge).

Denpasar, Bali...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marigold Lounge @ DPS. Anyone used it?

Dear

@PotPot771, Perth, Australia,

I would like to say i am terribly sorry to hear that you and your family experience a bad time while staying at marigold lounge... We will be better and getting better everyday and what you have written will always become the proof of how i have fail to offer te best that we can for you and your family... Again i would like to say i am truly sorry and we will fix this and hopefully you and family would come and visit us again at marigold lounge...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marigold Lounge @ DPS. Anyone used it?

so if they just built a new lounge, does that mean some of that airport is staying there as an international airport when the new one is open?

Denpasar, Bali...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marigold Lounge @ DPS. Anyone used it?

Hi there im from marigold lounge... We are brand new lounge opened since 1st of may 2013... We are now open 24 hours. We have wifi internet, shower room, food & drink, beer included for $15 ( extra charge for towel)

We are at 3rd floor just above gate 1 and gate 2 of the international departure terminal we welcome any passenger of every airlines.. See you soon

8. Re: Marigold Lounge @ DPS. Anyone used it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 May 2013, 08:35
Denpasar, Bali...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marigold Lounge @ DPS. Anyone used it?

The international terminal will move to a brand new terminal and the old one will become domestic terminal

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marigold Lounge @ DPS. Anyone used it?

Has the new international terminal opened yet ?