We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are all "salon/massage" place's "plus plus"

Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Are all "salon/massage" place's "plus plus"

I'm curious to know if a massage parler or salon are just a front for happy endings. I really don't want to be getting a foot massage or proper massage and be near that kinda of thing. I have read some crazy stories of woman getting facials and hearing the guy next door getting a happy ending. Do I just stay to hotel for beauty treatment or is it safe and clean at other massage/salons

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,477 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are all "salon/massage" place's "plus plus"

Hi Mother

No, don't worry, most massage places are just that - massage places. If you are worried about somewhere you think you might like to go, just ask someone who owns a business next door or ask the hotel where you are staying - they'll know. The locals always know. As far as I know, I would say 90% of the massage salons are purely and simply for beauty treatments and messages, maybe even more.

You will pay substantially more if you have these treatments in your hotel.

Cheers

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are all "salon/massage" place's "plus plus"

ilab my partner would of probably thought the same as you until she talked me into going to her favorite massage salon in legian, PIPS on melasti st . .she spent most days with her 22 year old daughter there last trip. thought the place was great. she was horrified to learn that I was offered an adult ending after my massage. did go back again a few times and wasn't asked by any of the other girls. I did say no thanks

Edited: 27 December 2012, 11:09
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,477 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are all "salon/massage" place's "plus plus"

Hi tony

I did say 90% - obviously either you are irresistible or PIPS is in the other 10% !

LOL. I don't think it is nearly as bad as in Thailand :)

Cheers

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Are all "salon/massage" place's "plus plus"

ilab- unfortunately pips must be in the other 10%

5. Re: Are all "salon/massage" place's "plus plus"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2013, 21:17