We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying with TransNusa

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
454 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Flying with TransNusa

I'm planning to fly from Bali to Labuan Bajo next week. I've just reserved a flight with TransNusa via e-mail. I think everything's okay in terms of the booking, but there's a bit of a communication barrier regarding my other questions, which they didn't answer. As I've never flown domestically in Indonesia, I'm not familiar with the process. I've looked at their website, but it offers very limited information (at least on the English site).

I'm hoping maybe some of you know the answers to these questions:

1) What's their domestic baggage allowance? (DPS to LBJ)

2) I fly into Bali around dinner time next Friday and then fly with TransNusa around 8:30 the following morning. Can I just go to check-in, say around 6:30 am, and pay for the flight, or do I have to go somewhere else to pay, and if so, any idea what time it would be open?

3) They quoted me a one-way price of just over 1,000,000 rupiah, but didn't give a total. I asked them if that was the total price (e.g. including taxes, fuel surcharges, etc.) but they also ignored that question. Any idea if that would be the total price, or will I be hit with a much higher fare when I go to pay?

Thank you

los angeles
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying with TransNusa

How much did this flight end up costing you? We are flying from Bali to Labuan Bajo in June and need to know what kind of prices we are looking at. We're looking to take a boat to Komodo and rinca with one overnight boat and come back to Bali the following day. Did you do a boat trip by chance? If so how much did it cost you?

Thanks,

Jason

the Kimberley, West...
Level Contributor
817 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying with TransNusa

@ MasakatsuAgat - the domestic luggage allowance is usually 15kgs per person. You pay for flights at the booking counter which is not the same as the checkin counter. I would be surprised if you are able to do this prior to an 8.30 am flight. Your booking will not be confirmed until you have paid for your ticket so I think you are taking a chance that your booking will still be held. If I was you I would either book with a TA or do it myself online with another airline. Lion Air allow you to book and pay online. Usually I would book and pay at the booking office onsite at DPS airport prior to the day of departure.

@ booking8d - Lion Air Denpasar to Labuan Bajo is about AUD150 return and you can book and pay online. I can't give a costing for the boat other than to say it will be a lot cheaper than the tours offered online and by TAs which are priced in excess of USD500.

Edited: 18 February 2013, 16:43
Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying with TransNusa

Transnusa is a company you book with once in Bali generally. They are not setup for online bookings. Their office will be open before their first flight. They are inside the temporary domestic terminal. You will need to ask for directions as their office in behind the corner (at the domestic arrival gate).

Don't use LionAir unless you are not worried about losing luggage or having your flight rescheduled or cancelled altogether.

los angeles
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying with TransNusa

Thank you! Very helpful!

-Jason

the Kimberley, West...
Level Contributor
817 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying with TransNusa

IME, Lion Air is no better or worse than any of the other Indonesian domestic airlines when it comes to cancellations and delays; except maybe Merpati. I've never had a problem with lost luggage with them.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying with TransNusa

Perhaps for more certainty use this travel agent:

Bidy Tour

http://bidytour-lombok.com

info@bidytour-lombok.com

bidytour@indo.net.id

Office (Ampenan) +62370634095

IATA Member No. Code 15-302092

PT.Bidy tours and travel

Company Address:

Jl.Ragigenep 17, Ampenan, Lombok – 83114

Phone: +62 370 632127, +62 370 634095

Fax: +62 370 631821, +62 370 637307

Their commission is modest and they will execute ticketing by advance payment to them using a credit card.

You will upon request need to send them a passport photo page image and front and back of credit card.

Preferably use a scanner, rather than a camera.

They are quite reliable and the need for those images is driven byt Indonesian banking requirements, not their own.

I agree, LionAir is no worse than others, they all have appalling customer service and you are left at the mercy of the personal integrity and initiative of individual airline workers who may often make some very serious efforts to address issues that are inadequately dealt with by the individual airlines customer service culture and outlook.

When travelling further east of Lombok always keep flexibility in the forefront, and never rely upon tight connection schedules being fulfilled as it may lead to disappointments.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying with TransNusa

The LionAir option (operated by Wings using a current generation ATR72-500 turboprop) seems like a reasonable alternative.

That price quoted for a TransNusa 1-way ticket seems a little high.

Maybe they are confused.

LionAir's website indicates that Promo priced tickets are sold out for Friday 22 Feb.

Standard economy is available as detailed:

OTAL TAXES & FEES

• You may not be able to select certain flights or combine certain fares for onward and return sectors. This can be due to the minimum connection time or a fare rule restriction.

More information

Base Fare IDR 670,000

Total Fuel Surcharge, Taxes & Fees IDR 82,000

TOTAL IDR 752,000

A standard PSC (Passenger Service Charge) is levied upon departing passengers by the airport operator at DPS (Bali) This will require a payment of Rp40,000 after boarding passes have been issued.

Labuan Bajo, Komodo Airport (LBJ) has a Domestic Passenger Service Charge (PSC) of Rp10 000, you will need to pay that on your return journey.

The promo fare appears to be IDR 708,000 on that route (when available).

Don't leave it too late too book, I note that tomorrows flight is full, the next day indicates

Base Fare IDR 1,040,000

Total Fuel Surcharge, Taxes & Fees IDR 119,000

TOTAL IDR 1,159,000

See tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294225-i7219-k597… for PSC info.

Edited: 18 February 2013, 21:35
Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying with TransNusa

hi booking

as per chili

the jet plane with trans nusa (AVIASTAR) is great to LB . as advised you need to pay before hand.

when you get to the domestic get your ticket from the counter outside the entry. i booked online with them and paid at the counter. no problems.

on leaving go to the check in counter then up the steps to the departure area. at the top of the stairs you pay domestic airport tax. (40 000 last year). the departure tax is different on the return flight.

the return flight for us was 1 300 000 rupiah each. the price seemed to vary with one guy telling me he paid 2 000 000 return.

enjoy its a great experience. if unsure of what to do ask or latch on to someone going in the same direction.

enjoy! it is a great place with komodos at rinca or komodo and heaps of small islands with great snorkelling . we also stayed at seraya island - basic but adventurous.

i cant remember the exact price for a day trip boat to rinca but it was about 600 000 with lunch for the four of us (one family). still, we had to pay camera fees, guide fees, etc when entering the national park. but they weren't too much. the dragons were unreal.

here some you tube blog links that may interest you:

FLORES 2011

Flores blog

…blogspot.com/2011/06/flores-labuan-bajo-rin…

Flores you tube

Bali to flores 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k7I0a2a6UM

Labuan bajo and eco lodge 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7d4E4xmikQ

Rinca 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGZGVzuXk-E

Bidadari island 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxOhJHqF9mI

Seraya island 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk5DFuTSKeA

Seraya island snorkel 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REQT4_beAiY

los angeles
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying with TransNusa

Thank you! Very helpful!

Really appreciate the detailed info!!

-Jason

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flying with TransNusa

Transnusa offers different rates with different cancellation policies.

The higher price ticket the more flexibility there is with a refund if you want to cancel or reschedule.

The lower the rate the less flexibility.

LionAir offers the same deals (promo ticket, regular ticket ...).

Ask Transnusa for the cheapest available class. They usually start with quoting the more expensive first.

LionAir; i was on a flight from Bali to Makassar. My luggage dissapeared. They forgot to take of my luggage in Makassar and I think it went to Manado. Never saw my bag again.