We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electric plug outlets: what kind of adaptor needed?

Vaud
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Electric plug outlets: what kind of adaptor needed?

Using telephone chargers, laptop to local power source (our equipment have plugs like in France, Switzerland etc) what will be necessary to adapt , if anything?

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
527 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Electric plug outlets: what kind of adaptor needed?

Balinese sockets are two pin, but I'm not sure if the spacing of the pins is the same as French sockets (?) I'm sure someone will be along soon with this info...............:D

Paraburdoo...
Level Contributor
203 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Electric plug outlets: what kind of adaptor needed?

This has a photo of the socket they use. Which should give you a idea at what you will need.

indonesia.elga.net.id/indoway/electric.html

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Electric plug outlets: what kind of adaptor needed?

E mail your hotel and ask if they supply the adapters as many do.

Apart from an adapter remember to pack a powerboard so you can charge more than one thing at a time.

IF you don't already have an adapter they are inexpensive in bali and readily available.

Vaud
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Electric plug outlets: what kind of adaptor needed?

Thanks everyone! You are all just fantastic, and I wouldn't travel ANYWHERE without TRIPADVISOR!!!!!!! :)

turkey
Level Contributor
334 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Electric plug outlets: what kind of adaptor needed?

looks like the same as european 2 round pin plugs ! Hey hey, good news for me too.

Yes, seashoredrifter, the people on here are amazing ! I used to use Thorn Tree but it all got a bit back stabbing and nasty so I am now gaining a lot of info for our upcoming trip from this forum instead.

So great, I am addicted !

Vaud
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Electric plug outlets: what kind of adaptor needed?

Me too i'm addicted. (i'm supposed to be busy on the computer doing boring things like do the online checkins for our flight tomorrow but I'm sucked into reading all the answers) Haven't packed a thing yet and don't plan to take much as I've gathered to visit the Monkey Forest you should go there naked..........love starting rumours HA Ha aaa!!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,036 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Electric plug outlets: what kind of adaptor needed?

Hi,

In Bali you'll find the same plugs as in France so you're good to go.

Naked in Monkey Forest, hum well I visited once and due to jetlag it was very early (7.45)

No one in sight and the monkeys were going about their business, grooming, moving the young ones around and not really bothered by the 5 people total I saw walking around.

It was perfect.....

By mid afternoon after all the buses full of tourists these monkeys should be commended for not assaulting people.... I mean it's non stop....

Vaud
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Electric plug outlets: what kind of adaptor needed?

Thanks ochervet! Great that plugs are the same and will go to the monkey forest early enough (and not naked, as monkeys would probably run away!!) HA HA!!

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Electric plug outlets: what kind of adaptor needed?

What type of electrical adapter is needed in Bali Indonesia

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,815 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Electric plug outlets: what kind of adaptor needed?

A 2 round pin European adaptor will suffice, photo here give you an idea:

amazon.co.uk/Adaptor-Pin-into-Plug-Euro/dp/B…