We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dental Implant Report - Dr Sucipto 24 Nov 2012

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
54 reviews
66 helpful votes
Dental Implant Report – Dr Sucipto 24 Nov 2012
Save

Am running this thread separate to my HNR that I’m planning, as I know it is a very specific issue that only interests a select group of people.

With enormous thanks to Fame here on TA, I contacted Dr Sucipto’s rooms from home via email on many occasions, asking about best treatment options etc. I also consulted my dental surgeon and my dentist at home in Geelong. I emailed Dr Sucipto a scan of an x-ray of the problem area – so he and I were both well prepared for my dental plan.

Vincente, in Dr S’s rooms, responds to all emails and makes appointments for you. His English is very good and having met him myself this week he is as delightful in person as he was on email!

So – on Wednesday I had my first check up with Dr S (and thank goodness Fame warned me about the dodgy street, dodgy building and dodgy reception area – my husband was ready to run a mile!). So through the doors into state of the art treatment room, more modern than my dentist at home! And met Dr S...what a lovely man!

He listened to my concerns about the “lying down” aspect of the procedure (I hate it....feels like I’m suffocating) and he worked out that since my implant was a molar on the lower jaw he could do it with me sitting almost upright...sounds like such a small thing but I was so relieved. Then he did an x-ray saying that he could see my jaw bone was very good and would not need the CT scan (so saved myself AUD100 there as x-ray was included in total quote). He was very happy with the density of my bone and said it was rare to see such a good strong one....shame my teeth aren’t as good! Lol!

He gave me 2 X anti-biotic tablets to take 2 hours before the procedure (which was yesterday – Friday), and due to my increased anxiety also gave me 1 X Xanax tab to take one hour before. Left his rooms feeling very confident.

So on Friday took tabs as instructed and by the time I got to the rooms I was feeling very relaxed (that Xanax is good stuff!).Into the treatment room right on time, and met by smiling faces that put me immediately at ease. Into the chair at the angle we agreed on, he explained that my face would be wiped a number of times with antispectic wipes, and then he would administer the local injections...this was done so gently, with him taking his time between each injection that I didn’t even feel them.

Once I was all numbed up the procedure began – seriously...I was beautifully “spaced out”, sitting up and feeling no pain. Over the next 15 minutes or so, he would drill a bit, small rest, drill a bit more etc. It wasn’t that really bad dentist drill noise either, more lower toned (and those who hate dentists will appreciate this info!!), there was pressure as he drilled down, but no twinges – nothing! He then asked if I would like to look at the implant before he put it in – it’s just under 1cm with half sheer and half with screw “thread”. Then in it went – he must have stitched me up but I kind of don’t remember that bit, and within 45 mins I was back out the door!! I was given anti-biotics (amoxycilllin sp?) and mouithwash but I had my own painkiller so didn’t need theirs.

I have been following his instructions, just had gelati for dinner (shame about that!), did an ice pack for 20 mins before bed and then had an early night.

Some blood on pillow this morning – but am feeling surprisingly “normal” – had cup of tea in which I dunked biscuits, had tabs and all is well. Am so happy and relieved today – can’t tell you how pleased I am!

Cost in Australia - AUD5000.....total cost with Dr Sucipto USD1700. I have paid a USD1000 deposit and will pay the rest when I return in late April to have the tooth made and attached to the implant.

Dr Sucipto is located at the Bali International Dental Centre, Jl Diponegoro 150, kompleks genteng biru A-32, Denpasar. His office phone is +62 361 222541, his office mobile is +6281338 466 585. The email is sucipto_angga@yahoo.com

I hope this report helps others – I couldn’t have done this without the help of other TAers, so am herewith responding in kind. Cheers!!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
6,080 posts
159 reviews
125 helpful votes
1. Re: Dental Implant Report – Dr Sucipto 24 Nov 2012
Save

So glad to hear you did so well Tanya and that Dr Sucipto was so kind and professional.

Enjoy the rest of your trip now that the hard work is done.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
10,495 posts
51 reviews
81 helpful votes
2. Re: Dental Implant Report – Dr Sucipto 24 Nov 2012
Save

Hi Tanya, So pleased that it is all over and you are happy with the results. I knew you would be fine once you met Dr S. Now enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
54 reviews
66 helpful votes
3. Re: Dental Implant Report – Dr Sucipto 24 Nov 2012
Save

Thanks so much TLM and fame - have had a lovely day so far today, cake and iced coffee at Luhtu's and BIG walk down beach path to Puri Santrian for lunch. Ankle and jaw managed quite well...a Panadeine Forte and anti-biotic with some fries for lunch (amazing what you can talk yourself into eating when you're on a "soft" food diet!) and feeling fine. Cheers girls!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
32,994 posts
2,534 reviews
30,875 helpful votes
4. Re: Dental Implant Report – Dr Sucipto 24 Nov 2012
Save

That's a serious saving !! I'm glad it all worked out for you.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
399 posts
49 reviews
68 helpful votes
5. Re: Dental Implant Report – Dr Sucipto 24 Nov 2012
Save

Hi Tanya,

Welcome home, I hope the Bali Blues are not biting too hard!

Thanks for your comprehensive report on your experience with Dr Sucipto and your dental implant.

It is of interest to me because I have recently had implants and other major dental work done in Bangkok

Here is a link to a report I put up on TA about my experiences if it is of interest to you.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k4803332-JBR_BIDC_Dental_Implants_long-Bangkok.html#37855951

I have been back to Bangkok subsequently (in April this year) and had the implant crowns fitted and the 4 unit bridge put in. Everything has gone fantastically and my impression of BIDC is still as good.

When do you go back to have the crown fitted? A great excuse to go back to Bali!

Cheers.

Paraburdoo...
Level Contributor
203 posts
12 reviews
6 helpful votes
6. Re: Dental Implant Report – Dr Sucipto 24 Nov 2012
Save

Wow that is a amazing saving. Thank you for your great report. I may look into this

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
54 reviews
66 helpful votes
7. Re: Dental Implant Report – Dr Sucipto 24 Nov 2012
Save

Cheers everyone:) hi Brecker....I'm back in late April for 12 nights to have the implant tooth made and fitted - can't believe I make a saving and get a second holiday!! The Bali Blues aren't gonna get me this year as it's only 6 months and I'll be back:)

A friend of mine recently had 3 implants done at a surgery in Bangkok and he goes back to get his implants made and fitted over Christmas. He too was very happy with the clinic and the work. Similar savings - but Bangkok implants were USD2000 each as opposed to Dr S's USD1700.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
149 posts
16 reviews
36 helpful votes
8. Re: Dental Implant Report – Dr Sucipto 24 Nov 2012
Save

Well, after much reading and umming and aaahing, I have taken a leap of faith and sent off an email to Dr Sucipto to see if he could fit me in for a consultation when I am in Bali next (late Jan till first week of Feb). Fingers crossed!

All going well, I will book in for treatment and make another trip to Bali especially for it! *twists arm* ;)

I need a fair bit of work done and would love a gorgeous new smile before I turn 40 and go to US in 18 months for my best friends Las Vegas wedding! :D

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
54 reviews
66 helpful votes
9. Re: Dental Implant Report – Dr Sucipto 24 Nov 2012
Save

One step at a time K-Ballz! And you have taken the first one:)

Have you had consultations and quotes done here on what you might actually need to repair your teeth? This will assist Dr S's rooms when trying to ascertain your dental plan. And help you compare costs of course.

Eg. Do you actually need any implants or are you looking at crowns on existing teeth?

And I think a lovely new smile for your 40th and a Las Vegas wedding (after all the States is the Land of the Big Perfect Smile) is a great idea!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
149 posts
16 reviews
36 helpful votes
10. Re: Dental Implant Report – Dr Sucipto 24 Nov 2012
Save

Hi Tanya,

Yes, I have been to the dentist over here and have been quoted on what would best for my teeth and what needs doing.

I've emailed with what my dental situation is and what has been recommended by my Australian dentist and asked if they think they can help.

Fingers crossed they can help aswell as have a free appointment!

Kim :)

USDUSD
Australia
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.