We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Visa Renewal

Bali, Indonesia
9 posts
Save Topic
Tourist Visa Renewal

Hi,

I stayed here now for almost 2 months. So my extendes Tourist VOA is pretty much done.

Have a question about getting a new tourist visa now. (I don't want a social visa when I dont have to).

Are there any problems, or further is it possible, when I leave Bali on the day of expiration and come back at the next day, and get a new tourist VOA for another 30 days? And can I maybe extend it again if necessary?

Has anyone experiences with that?

Big Thank yall in advance.

Regards

Bali, Indonesia
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist Visa Renewal

I made a mistake. I dont have a Tourist visa. I just had a Visa-on-Arrival which I extended for another 30days.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist Visa Renewal

If you want to stick with the VOA arrangements then just fly to either KL or Singapore, which ever is most convenient/least expensive for you, turn around and come back again, same day is OK if you wish.

When you enter you get the VOA same as before, then 10 days or more prior to the expiry date head off to the Kantor Imigrasi and seek an extension.

But why not just get a SOSBUD, sometimes they have them done in a day in KL and the cost works out the same.

Accommodation is quite affordable in KL, much better value for that than SIngapore. To extend a SOSBUD past 60 days is no more complex that a VOA extension, you just need a sponsor to sign the forms and supply a copy of their KTP, technically they should accompany you.

It only gets more complex on the last 2 extensions of the 60day+30+30+30+30 sequence and even that is not complex.

Cost for a SOSBUD (B-2111 social visit visa) is Rp250,000 / 30 days, same as the VOA 30 day extensions.

You have surely made a few local friends by now, perhaps one of them will sponsor you for a SOSBUB then you at least have a 60 day stay ahead of you when you come back and the opportunity to extend by 30 days toward the end of that stay if you wish. Not everyone expects to be paid to do that, but maybe pay their expenses and buy them lunch and a few drinks or new handbag or something (hint) to carry the forms in, it is a 'social' visa after all :)

Edited: 29 October 2012, 00:12
Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist Visa Renewal

That should read SOSBUD (B-211 social visit visa)

Bali, Indonesia
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist Visa Renewal

j_hurcules you are the man! Thanks again for the great and fast help!

About the Social Visa. I just thought it will cost me more, because I have to pay an Agent in Singapore (around S$170 I heard) and it's also a bit more hassle (driving around in Singapore, then probably staying there one or more nights.)

But I will think about it again, before I go. Maybe it's the better solution, because I don't know how long I'll stay in Indonesia. Maybe longer than 2 months, and then I had to fly out again.

Thanks so much!

Best Regards

Broome, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist Visa Renewal

Hi what did you do to extend your 30 day visa whilst you were in Bali? Im looking to do this when I arrive in Bali this week. D :)

6. Re: Tourist Visa Renewal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 01:25
Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tourist Visa Renewal

Singapore is fine, and it is a great place to go, but although the visa is around the same price as in KL the cost of hanging out there is higher, and it might take longer to process than KL, KL normally quote 3-4 days but often tell you to come back the next day to pick it up.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tourist Visa Renewal

Hi DebM, this link tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k505… should take you to what you need to know.

In that discussion Post 1 describes what you need to do, the rest of the discussion is more related to the circumstances of the person who asked the question there.

You are too late now to get the 60 day B-211 Tourist Visit visa in Darwin on the way through, or by mail before you leave as that would need 3-4 days to at the consulate to process, so stick with your original VOA plan, and the extension as outlined there.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tourist Visa Renewal

Have a look here for instructions on how to obtain a SOSBUD in KL www.kbrikualalumpur.org/web/index.php…

It will cost you RM 170 (paid in cash) in KL. That is the equivalent of Rp540,000 or around US$56.00

Here is a link to the form kbrikualalumpur.org/web/download/forms/singl…

Here is a template for the request letter...

Perihal : Permohonan Visa Sosial Budaya

Kepada Yang Mulia : Bapak Kepala Kantor,

Kedutaan Besar Republic of Indonesia

Kedutaan Besar/Konsulat, (city), (country)

Dengan hormat,

Saya yang bertanda tangan di bawah ini :

Nama Sponsor : (sponsors name)

Nomor KTP : (State ID card number)

Tempat & tgl lahir : (date of birth and place of birth of sponsor)

Pekerjaan : (sponsors occupation or job title)

Kebangsaan : Indonesian

Alamat : (sponsors address - should match KTP)

Dengan ini saya mengajukan permohonan kepada Yang terhormat Bapak Duta Besar RI agar berkenan memberikan Visa Sosial Budaya kepada (teman, teman keluarga, calon suami/isteri, lain seperti ini) dikarenakan datang dan kunjungi di Indonesia saya, yang datanya tersebut di bawah ini :

Nama : (insert the tamu/visitors name)

Kelamin : Perempuan (female) Laki Laki (male)

Tempat/tgl lahir : (date of birth and place of birth)

Pekerjaan : Tidak ada (yiu are not working in Indonesia)

Kebangsaan : (nationality)

Nomor Paspor : nomor _________ berlaku s/d (passport expire date)

Demikianlah permohonan ini saya ajukan dan atas perhatian dan bantuan serta kebijaksanaan Bapak, kami mengucapkan terima kasih.

(Place in Bali), (day) , (month) (year)

Hormat kami,

place materai here and

then sponsor sign over it

NAME in CAPITALS

Edited: 29 October 2012, 01:28
Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tourist Visa Renewal

tennar, do consider just biting the bullet and getting the SOSBUD for yourself, but don't be handing over a whole bunch of fees for an agent to speed it up in Singapore, better to spend the money on having a look around KL.

Edited: 29 October 2012, 01:33