We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Penang, Malaysia to Bali

Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Penang, Malaysia to Bali

I've been trying to book a flight form PEN to DPS through Airasia for a few days. Any idea what other airlines I can book from the US to and from for the above destination?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Penang, Malaysia to Bali

Hi.

Last year I did that and had to fly with Air Asia to Singapore first, then another flight to Bali later on.

Not ideal as it took almost the full day. Early flight from Penang but 6 hours at the airport.

I'm not aware of a direct flight.

Edited: 27 August 2012, 03:27
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Penang, Malaysia to Bali

Thank you for the info. I wonder if there is a shorter flight from Kuala Lumpur. Any idea how to book from US? Shoud I wait until the 8th when I get to Penang to book the flight to Denpasar?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Penang, Malaysia to Bali

I did book my flights with Air Asia ahead.

From KL you will have the choice of at least Air Asia and Malaysia Airlines. Malaysia Airlines also flies Penang / KL, so does Air Asia.

The only thing with Air Asia, it's that being a low cost airline they operate on a point to point model (except a few select routes) and you have to allow time between flights in case of a delay.

Asking on the Air Travel forum will probably give you more answers.

Subang Jaya...
Level Contributor
36 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from Penang, Malaysia to Bali

You can fly Malaysia Airline from Penang to Bali but it is not a direct flight. There is a stopover in Kuala Lumpur. Air Asia does not fly from Penang to Bali but they do fly from KL.

Penang to KL takes 45 mins while the flight from KL to Bali is 3 hrs.

5. Re: How to get from Penang, Malaysia to Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 19:18