We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hard Rock Hotel - can you pay to use the pool if not a guest

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
197 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Hard Rock Hotel - can you pay to use the pool if not a guest

Hi there, trying to work out hotels for our next trip, was considering Hard Rock but I have young children and I'm concerned about the noise and quite a few negative reviews on TA concerning room quality and breakfast, the main attraction is the pool. I had heard you can use the pool facilities as a visitor if you pay which I would be happy do, does anyone have any info or an idea of the cost. Considering staying at Poppies Cottages close by but would love the option of using the Hard Rock pool if the kids find the pool at Poppies a bit basic.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hard Rock Hotel - can you pay to use the pool if not a guest

I have a vague feeling they recently stopped allowing non guests in to use the pools. It may be advisable to contact the hotel. Stay at a hotel with great pools, you and the kids will be happier.:)

Edited: 20 May 2012, 07:54
perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hard Rock Hotel - can you pay to use the pool if not a guest

When we stayed last year we were told that they no longer allow entry to non guests unless they are friends/relatives visisting. My parents came to visit us and we needed to go to security to ok them in. We stayed in a suite around the chillout pool, it was very quiet, although a bit of an annoyance having to walk throught reception to the main pool! Breakfasts were fine and the rooms are ok, but really you are paying for pool and location.

Poppies pool is a small lagoon style pool, very sweet, but not a patch on Hard rock with its water slides, kiddie water playground, amazing pool and beach area and awesome kids club.

Travelling without kids I would stay at Poppies for sure, with kids, definitely Hard Rock. You also don't say the ages of the children. If they are only toddlers then Poppies pool would be ok.

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hard Rock Hotel - can you pay to use the pool if not a guest

Hi,

They stopped allowing non guests pool access years ago.

4. Re: Hard Rock Hotel - can you pay to use the pool if not a guest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 14:41