We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel insurance from door to door

Canberra
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Travel insurance from door to door

I have purchased travel insurance with Southern Cross for our next trip, but am still covered by the cooling off period for another day, so need to make up my mind quickly. Since buying the policy I have booked 2 lots of the Garuda cheapie fares, so am looking at moving to an annual multi-trip policy. When I read the fine print of the SCTI policy I learned that it only covers me for the international components of my trip, not the transfers within Australia at the start and end. Given that I live in a city without an international airport, this is a pretty big issue for me. For most of my trips I fly out of home the day before, overnight in Sydney or Melbourne, then join my international flight.

Can anyone recommend a good annual multi-trip policy that will cover me from when I walk out the front door at home, to when I arrive back at home? I usually just buy all tickets with Platinum Amex and their insurance covers me, but Garuda and Jetstar Asia would only accept Mastercard/ Visa online.

Thanks

1. Re: Travel insurance from door to door

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2013, 20:24