We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia pick a seat

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
879 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia pick a seat

Hi well our first Bali trip is fast approaching, not to mention our first holiday with just me and the girls and no hubby (Unfortunately he has no desire to go to Bali). When I booked our flight during there amazing sale back in may 2011 for April this year (Can't believe that was 8 months ago) I only booked the flights. I have now just gone into manage my booking and booked baggage (60kgs both ways) & meals both ways, I did not pick our seats... My question is if I go in and do my web checkin say 24 hours before what are the chances we will have seats together, would hate to be separated from my girls, Do they try to put families together travelling on the same itinary.. Thankyou

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia pick a seat

What a silly husband:)

When we flew Air Asia I did the seats when I did the baggage. I wouldn't risk it if I was you.

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia pick a seat

I agree, the flight will more than likely be full because of the sales, go back in and book your seats asap. On our last flight home there was a family separated and the little boy, only about 7 had to sit by himself! So basically, you get what ever is left!!

And hubby just doesn't know what he's missing out on!!

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia pick a seat

If you don't book your seats chances are you may not be seat together .

I do wonder what you are taking to Bali to book 60 kilo .

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
344 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia pick a seat

Most certainly book your seats. As the other poster said "What are you taking to Bali to book 60 kilos?" Maybe the way back but the way there? Is your hubby getting put in one of your bags?

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Asia pick a seat

if you want to get a seat together, better book it early, and i think the last time i booked, it's just S$3(depend on your departure location), it's worth to pay this amount.

60kgs? must be for 2 paxs.

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
879 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Asia pick a seat

LOL 60kgs of checked baggage going over is stuff that we have been collecting all year (Actually last year) for the orphanages & locals. & 60kgs coming back for all our shopping. :) I did the same last year when we went to Maylasia & the year before when we went to Thailand. Works well as I have empty suitcases to fill for the trip back , so a win win situation LOL..

Thanks for your help wasn't going to book the seats as such a short trip & thought if I go in before & do web Checkin they will seat us together, but for the sake of a few $$$ will definately prebook them as I know my girls would be frightened if they were seated next to strangers especially if they are a distance from me.... Also what does my itinary mean when it saids EXEMPT CHECKIN FEE... didn't know you had to pay to checkin anyway

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Asia pick a seat

EXEMPT CHECKIN FEE

a while ago, airasia started to charge S$10(currency depend on your departure location) for those passenggers doing manually check in at airport counter.

after few months, they abolished it.

Perth
Level Contributor
81 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Asia pick a seat

We (family of 4) also booked like you with Air Asia back in May for April 2012. It was only a month ago I decided to pay for our seating and was surprised how many seats had already been selected for our flight. All good for us though dad and kids together and mum (me) on her own both ways :)

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
879 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Asia pick a seat

Thankyou... Have now gone in and booked our sears, couldn't believe how full it is.. Going over got 19 A,B & C... Coming back 17 A, B & C for the sake of $18 total so worth it

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Asia pick a seat

Check in on the web before you go and print the boarding passes out or use the self check-in machine at the airport , I used them very easy and quick . On the air asia web site is a video about it