We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanah Lot from Jimbaran, Ubud or Sanur?

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
210 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Tanah Lot from Jimbaran, Ubud or Sanur?

First of all thank you all for the help you give so kindly on this forum. The Bali Forum is the best I've ever used.

We are now thinking of the following itinerary: Jimbaran (about 3 nights), mainly to relax after our long flight and to recover from jetlag, then Ubud (3 nights), Candidasa (2 nights), Sanur (4 or 5 nights). We would like to hire a driver.

Tanah Lot is one of the musts for us, preferably in the late afternoon, so that we can also see the sunset.

Which is the best way for us to go to Tanah Lot? A half day or day trip from Jimbaran, Ubud or Sanur, or can we go from Jimbaran to Ubud with a detour to Tanah Lot? How long does it take from Tanah Lot to Ubud? Is travelling after sunset recommended in Bali?

We will be travelling between end of July and mid August.

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tanah Lot from Jimbaran, Ubud or Sanur?

Hi!

I would make it a side trip from Ubud. That way, you will not need to spend a lot of travelling time from the other areas. A competent driver will deliver you safely to your destination!

wendy

Badung, Bali...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tanah Lot from Jimbaran, Ubud or Sanur?

Hi Angela..

Regarding to your itinerary, I suggest you to have a half day tour during your stay in Jimbaran / Sanur. Traveling after sunset to Ubud is not recommended, because of the traffic and also the distances. In normal traffic it takes about 1,5 hour. Moreover, your traveling date is in High Season Period...

Hope this will help you to arrange your trip...

Kadek Adnyana

Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tanah Lot from Jimbaran, Ubud or Sanur?

If u visit tanah lot,dont forget to find out the water being tide or low tide.pura in tanah lot is one of oldest n sacred pura in bali,many big n sacred ceremony doing in tanah lot.to get sunset,u can come at 5 pm at least,and enjoy to see pura tanah lot on the cliff.very magic and wonderful experience.in tanah lot ,kecak dance is best attraction u must see after the sunset.Tanah lot is now starts identical with kecak dance that held every afternoon at around 6.30 pm.i love it,but prefer to see kecak dance in uluwatu,directly facing the sea,but more practical see kecak dance in tanah lot(great too) if u want to tanah lot temple itself.maybe paid about 50000 rupiah or about 50 USD.

Dont forget to visit ubud.if u have much extra money,visit elephant safari park n lodge in desa taro ,ubud ,see elephant n ride with the elephant,i love it very much,quite exp.And visit sangeh onkey forest and taman ayun .

Enjoy bali

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tanah Lot from Jimbaran, Ubud or Sanur?

I would actually do it from Jimbaran................

But if you do decide to go to Tanah Lot from Ubud ask the driver to detour through the Jatiluwih Rice Terraces on the way there. It will add about an hour to your trip.

But don't forget to allow for the late afternoon traffic heading to Tanah Lot to do exactly what you are doing.............see the sunset. It will add an hour at least to your travel time, or you should try to get there mid afternoon to miss this traffic.

5. Re: Tanah Lot from Jimbaran, Ubud or Sanur?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2013, 21:18