We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Why Pay Full Price" voucher

South Australia...
Level Contributor
366 posts
6 reviews
6 helpful votes
"Why Pay Full Price" voucher
Save

Hi all,

Has anyone used these vouchers? Seems a good deal. Is it easy to get the week that you want?

http://www.whypayfullprice.com.au/deal/discover-pure-romantic-paradis/2190

Sydney, Australia
9 posts
11. Re: "Why Pay Full Price" voucher
Save

Just been reading some of the other topics in this forum about Groupon and Villas Indonesia. My best advice is to do some research on this site, seems that it may be a deal TO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
12. Re: "Why Pay Full Price" voucher
Save

Just Received an email after booking with WHY PAY FULL PRICE

be very careful LOOKS LIKE SCAM will have to wait to see

OUT OF POCKET $899>00 I fear I won't be the last in a long line!!!!!!

Booked @ Elysian with all the above complaisance was confirmed and pay by

5th of December2011 only to find out by email today

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,997 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
13. Re: "Why Pay Full Price" voucher
Save

Look's dodgy to me.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
4 reviews
11 helpful votes
14. Re: "Why Pay Full Price" voucher
Save

Very definetely stay clear of these things, the Bali forum has recently been suffering a blizzard of complaints arising from these activities.

Alarmed by what I was reading I took a look at the Groupon site where a lot of the issues seem to have arisen from.

There I came across a property I know well, yet I noted most of the photos were for somewhere else.

I must stress there is nothing wrong with the hotel that was being promoted, indeed the hotel described is a very well respected provider and offers good rooms, amenities, service is great and it is a good price.

However they were not being described correctly, the photos were of a different resort.

I came across two "deals", one was in Indonesian Rupiah and marketed toward Indonesia, the other was marketed toward Singapore and was in SGD.

Both offers were confusing as they provided no certainty concerning taxes and service charges (21%), indeed the tax and service charges were not mentioned at all.

The hotel concerned always charges by the room+extra bed if required, yet these "deals" were per person.

When checking the hotels own website I found essentially the same "deal" but for standard room charge inc two people it was significantly cheaper, had more inclusions, defined that the tax and service charges are included and was available direct from the hotel with high certainty of fulfillment.

So the "deal" offered was nonsense, more expensive and misleading.

Stay away from these things, they look like heartbreakers,.

Edited: 8 years ago
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
20,494 posts
59 reviews
193 helpful votes
15. Re: "Why Pay Full Price" voucher
Save

Looking at Villas Indonesia's Facebook page, it seems that this isn't the first time that this has happened.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
4 reviews
11 helpful votes
16. Re: "Why Pay Full Price" voucher
Save

I just looked at a "deal" on why pay full price.

"Now $500 save $6620"

It is for a high-rise "sub-penthouse" style accommodation on the Gold Coast in QLD Australia. 7 night stay for up to 8 people.

Really, that sounds plausible, a $7,120.00 accommodation stay discounted down to $500.00.

"Hooked' in by this I go to have a look and discover that it is $500 pre-payment and the balance 28 days prior to stay. The price is actually $1,999.00, or $2,000.00 for those who cannot visualise the real price.

However that is still a good deal $2,000 for over $7,000 worth of accommodation and that "deal" is inclusive for up to 8 people.

Closer examination reveals that substantial chunks of the year are excluded, and some people are sleeping on sofa beds if there are 8 in the 3 bedroom apartment.

Still I am interested...

So I had a look around the booking sites and I find that this property is coming up at around $200-350 per night for a 7 night stay.

I found one site offering "$1,999, Save 80%, Was $10,500"

Then I found this on a well known Australian booking site:

"Latest Special for 5 people: $185 pn 14 - 17 Mar 12. Parking, linen & towels included. Be Quick!!

(**yes, I do note that is for 5 people-not 8, but it appeared to be the same apartment, probably the sofa beds not counted)

Last Minute Stays if available: Rates from $175.00 per night for min 7 night stays (unless specified). This apartment books up quickly so be quick and enquire for the best rates on offer."

Wotif are selling rooms in the same place with a min 2 night stay for $324/night next week That would be $2268.00 for 7 nights).

I tired of looking after that.

These people are probably also selling snake oil if anyone asks for it.

Edited: 8 years ago
South Australia...
Level Contributor
366 posts
6 reviews
6 helpful votes
17. Re: "Why Pay Full Price" voucher
Save

If you have paid for your voucher using a credit card you should lodge a dispute with your Credit Card provider you may be able to have the funds reimbursed

Sydney, Australia
9 posts
18. Re: "Why Pay Full Price" voucher
Save

Yes, contacting your credit card provider and claim that the goods / services purchased for have not been delivered. Most providers have insurance for criminal fraud, but you would have to check with your provider to make sure.

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,429 posts
43 reviews
119 helpful votes
19. Re: "Why Pay Full Price" voucher
Save

I have replied on another thread about this. We bought the voucher & confirmed for September - lucky we are here now for a holiday & I contacted the GM at The Elysian who confirmed what has been going on. He did say that they would give a special price for people that have been scammed by the company. Still too expensive for us, unfortunately. I will definitely be contacting the c/c company to get reimbursed. So sorry for people that are just arriving and who do not read trip advisor. I wonder if the companies that sold the voucher are contacting everyone. Why Pay Full Price have not sent me an email - which I think is VERY POOR!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
8 reviews
11 helpful votes
20. Re: "Why Pay Full Price" voucher
Save

i get the emails all the time for these specials

i am sorry for all those have done the alleged bargain

i hope evryone still can have a great holiday

chris

USDUSD
Australia
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.