We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what you can take into bali

Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
what you can take into bali

Hi im going to bali in 2 weeks and im taking my kids this time so i was just wondering if i can take some chips and junk food over in my suitcase so i have stuff for them to eat as soon as we arrive at the hotel i wasn't sure and dont wont to take stuff over if there "customs" are just going to throw it out can someone help me with info about what you can take over to bali .

Esperance, Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what you can take into bali

I've taken chips in before, just declared them to be on the safe side, but they didn't worry to even look.

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what you can take into bali

I think on their immigration form you have to declare anything that comes from plants or animals eg fruit, dried fruit, nuts.

So crisp, chocs, lollies should be fine.

Cabarita Beach...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what you can take into bali

Hi Tammy

We just got back from Bali traveling with our 2 kids. I didnt take any snacks from home as the kids had fun going to the supermarkets & choosing all the different ones there. They really loved the packets of chicken flavored cheetos & they even had some dry biscuits named after my son! We did the same thing the previous year. There are mini marts everywhere. You really will be spoilt for choice!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what you can take into bali

Yes I took snacks and it wasn't a problem. They didn't check my luggage despite declaring them (actually they didn't even look at my declaration card, they just took it the card).

5. Re: what you can take into bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 09:15