We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Bali in March /April???

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Weather in Bali in March /April???

I am looking at going to Bali last week of March and first 2 weeks in April 2012, if you have been to bali at this time, what will the weather be like at this time of year? I am worried that there will be more rain than sun!

I have only been to Bali in Oct!

Thanks, M :-)

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Bali in March /April???

I was in Bali at the start of march this year . We had rain showers early morning and late at night ,The days were good

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Bali in March /April???

Have been to Bali in both March and April, agree with the comments of freakybudboi.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Bali in March /April???

Hi, have a look at this weather site

wunderground.com/global/stations/97230.html

You will find a 'History' section down the bottom of the page on the left hand side.

Look at the required month in previous years and you will get some idea of the weather patterns. Do understand that Indonesian weather has been a bit erratic in the last while. Plus the LaNina pattern is apparently returning again. This is for the weather at the airport (DPS), obviously it will be different in say Ubud, as that is up in the hills.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Bali in March /April???

How is the weather in Bali in around mid to end April? Does it rain?

london
Level Contributor
916 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Bali in March /April???

Hi there

I have just got back from three wonderful weeks in Bali and Lombok. The weather was far better than I expected and far far better than the weather forecast suggested. It would seem that anything longer than a 30 minute shower of warm rain is considered to be "rain" !!

In three weeks, I had one day of rain from morning 'till about noon , another two to three days of some light rain in the afternoon , and another evening spell of rain. Needless to say this did not in any way impede my enjoyment of the trip. The rest of the time the sun shone brightly.

March and April should be even drier.

Happy travels.

Edited: 09 March 2012, 06:37
Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
489 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Bali in March /April???

I just got back from 2 weeks in Bali and i experienced more rain than i had noted in prior visits in late Jan/mid March

on prior visits it would start out sunny,cloud up and them a brief shower would occur

This time it started out cloudy and rained for much longer periods

We had quite a bit of rain the 3 days we were in Amed which is very atypical i was told

Ubud was definitely rainier than Sanur

With climate change it is getting harder to predict normal patterns

Just go with the flow and have a massage indoors,that's what I did!!

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Bali in March /April???

Am here now, rained last night, stopped now looks like a good day ahead.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
209 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Bali in March /April???

We've been here since Sunday evening and during the days we've had a total of about 4 hours of rain. Otherwise quite nice during the day. Have had rain at night but who cares about that. :-)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Bali in March /April???

Was there first 2 weeks of April last year (2011). I dont recall it ever raining during the day. Rained most nights after we went to bed (but I only know becuase our clothes left outside were always saturated... but that could just be humidity??). It did rain REALLY heavily one night for about 2 hours at dinner time. It was awesome. The whole street flooded and the kids had great fun walking back to the hotel. The steps at Discovery Plaza looked like a waterfall.

10. Re: Weather in Bali in March /April???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 15:40