We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back just over a week - photos from trip

Gawler, Australia
Level Contributor
761 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Back just over a week - photos from trip

Got back from Bali just over a week ago but wishing I was still there. Had a cruise booked for January for my 40th but have decided to cancel it and book to spend the time in Bali with all my friends there instead so next countdown has already begun. Will try and post a JBR soon but already flat out at work again.

Here is the link to our photos for the time being

travel.webshots.com/album/580644010UZSVAO

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back just over a week - photos from trip

Thanks Jacqui although I was hoping to see some photos of Distribution Day for the charity :-( After all, that was the reason for the trip, wasn't it, lol.

That Melati, it just isn't fair, there is no way I will look that good at that age. We had the pleasure of seeing Lea come out of her shell over our 10 weeks there. It was really cute when one day about 3 or 4 weeks into her employment she waited for Hubby to go to the loo and quietly bent down beside me and whispered her name and introduced herself to me. When she started she was so shy and everytime we dropped in for a drink or a meal she would get braver and braver, especially with Hubby. By the time we left, she was instigating practical jokes on Hubby. She just blossomed, it was great to watch it happen.

Gawler, Australia
Level Contributor
761 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back just over a week - photos from trip

Photos of Distribution Day are being loaded as we speak. Will add the link to those as soon as they are finished.

I was very surprised to find out how old Melati is. I know I wont look as good as she does at that age.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
17,868 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back just over a week - photos from trip

Thanks for sharing Jacqui, and you don't look a day over 39.

That mie goreng photo has just made me very hungry though.

Gawler, Australia
Level Contributor
761 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back just over a week - photos from trip

Ok here is the link for the photos of Distribution day for Educated Smiles Project. I am also in the process of uploading a video of the welcome dance some of the kids performed on the day.

community.webshots.com/album/580657563BPOEBX

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,071 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back just over a week - photos from trip

Love love the photos. Thanks for sharing!

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back just over a week - photos from trip

Great photos, thanks Jacqui. I'm going to Bali for my 40th next year too!!

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back just over a week - photos from trip

hi Jacqui thanks for sharing your great photos,looks like you had a great time

cheers john

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back just over a week - photos from trip

Goodness me Jacqui, you seem to have some interesting friends. Will you be back with them for your 40th birthday?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back just over a week - photos from trip

Thanks Jacqui, happy now. I really just wanted to plug the great work you and the rest of the Gawler Rotary do towards this worthwhile charity.

Gawler, Australia
Level Contributor
761 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back just over a week - photos from trip

Thanks all.

Cempaka I most certainly will be with all my crazy friends for my 40th and I bet they are all thrilled :-) If you behave I might even let you come to the party too.

Thanks for the plug Whinnie. Unfortunately I have not been able to load the video as apparently the file is too big. The kids all had a great day as did we and we look forward to doing it all again next year. We are now in the process of raising funds to build a community library in the village for all to use and give them access to educational materials etc and even the Internet. Will keep you posted with the progress as we go.