We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay at Seminyak versus Nusa Dua?

Doylestown, PA
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Stay at Seminyak versus Nusa Dua?

Hello! We're planning to stay 5 nights in Bali, and debating whether to stay at Seminyak, Nusa Dua, or split it up with 3 + 2 at each location. Any suggestions of things to do at each location, and if we should break up the nights or stay put at one location? We want something relaxing, yet also easy to go out and explore a little. Thanks!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay at Seminyak versus Nusa Dua?

I personally wouldn't split 5 nights, just too short a stay. Even though Nusa Dua is quiet and relaxing, there isn't a lot around except for 5 star hotels and a small village, and a shopping centre. If you stay in Seminyak, then shops, restaurants, beach and bars are all generally within walking distance. Depending on your budget, there are some lovely resorts in Seminyak. Regardless of where you stay in Bali, accessing tours is not an issue as they are available everywhere.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,936 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay at Seminyak versus Nusa Dua?

Seminyak and Nusa Dua are two totally different areas. Nusa Dua is mainly a purpose built tourist hotel and shopping precinct. The hotels are lovely, the beach is relaxing and good for swimming (high tide) but you really can't step outside your hotel and be immediately amongst local shops and restaurants. Seminyak is trendy, set amongst the locals and a lot to stroll to from your accommodation. It is much busier here compared to Nusa Dua. The beach in Seminyak has waves and the sunsets are spectacular. I do stay in nusa dua for a few days just to relax and enjoy the great hotel facilities but I usually go to bali and stay for a few weeks at a time.

You can still easily get transport if you choose nusa dua and there are local restaurants just outside the gated accommodation area and most of these restaurants offer free transport.

You can do day trips from either area but staying in Seminyak will have you closer to shopping centres, waterbom park for example.

With only 5 days I personally would consider staying in one area however IF you are happy to transfer and lose a few hours going between hotels then give both a go.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay at Seminyak versus Nusa Dua?

I wouldnt break up the trip.

Personally, I would stay in Seminyak.

As others have said, Nusa Dua is great if you just want to laze around the pool and eat at the hotel, but why go to Bali to do that.

Seminyak has great places to eat, and lovely boutique shopping. it is close to Legain for markets and other great eats.

4. Re: Stay at Seminyak versus Nusa Dua?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 01:17