We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying 'vans' (shoes) in Bali

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Buying 'vans' (shoes) in Bali

The orders from my kids have started. Top of the list is Vans. .

Shopping is not high on my list of things to do in Bali - we are only staying 5 days, and I dont want to spend the week endlessly looking for shoes.

We are staying in Seminyak.

Thanks

Victoria
Level Contributor
521 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying 'vans' (shoes) in Bali

Hi nediztu.

We were in Bali 2 weeks ago, stayed in Legian and i purchased

a pair for my son, had no trouble finding them. I took an outline of his foot, and the size is perfect.

I can remember how much they were (sorry) but they were cheap.

Deb

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,492 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying 'vans' (shoes) in Bali

Hi Nediztu, head to Poppies 1 and 2 and you will find van's everywhere. We paid $15.00 Aussie for them and they are very good quality. I will be buying heaps more when we go back next year. Also very good quality were the calvin klein boys jocks, some were thicker material than others though (we paid $2.00 each). And the basketball singlets were good, the quality of these varied greatly though, so if you get some make sure they are finished off properly and have the badges on them (we paid $15.00). Sorry, I know you did not ask for the others, but my boys loved them and they would make great gifts.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying 'vans' (shoes) in Bali

Make sure your kids aren't fussy and only want the real thing though :)

My friends teens won't have copies any more, spoilt little b@@ers :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying 'vans' (shoes) in Bali

We bought our vans in Jl Double Six off a guy whose shop is called Fast Eddys and paid 150,000 each two weeks ago.

Kate

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying 'vans' (shoes) in Bali

Brisbanylizzy

Can you please tell me where u purchased the Calvin Klien jocks for $2, I usually pay way more than that in shops in Kuta opposit Matahri, think they are normally the D&G shops, my boys would over the moon and so would my purse!

Can u also tell me where u purchased the basksetball singlets from, when in bali in April a couple of the shops in garlic lane where so expensive and they would not move on their prices, I am heading back to bali in November and would love to by my boys some basketball singlets.

Regarding the Vans, were u purchasing small sizes or large sizes my boys are 15 and 18 and I am after size 11-12 Vans did u purchase large sizes as I have had problems in the past trying to get their sizing.

thanks

Yaya06

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying 'vans' (shoes) in Bali

Thanks for all the info. Yes, my kids have accepted they won't be the 'real thing'!

Perth, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying 'vans' (shoes) in Bali

Wow $15 bucks each for Bball singlets.... We just came back and I wanted 2 men's sized Bball tops and I 1 year old size for 400k and they went off there rocker at me saying I was too cheap... They wouldn't budge from 500k. Lucky I didn't buy

Adelaide
Level Contributor
573 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buying 'vans' (shoes) in Bali

Hi.

I was in Bali 2 weeks ago. Bought Vans for about $11 AUS but I bought 4 pairs. I bought size 11 but he said they have all sizes. That was in Kuta just in one of the market stalls but they were everywhere. They were nice colours too. (some were awfull.) There is also a market in Seminyak square that is open Friday, Saturday and Sundays. We got a couple of pairs from there but they were a bit dearer, About $15 each. He also had good colours and lots of sizes. Some were way bigger than a size 11.

As far as the CK jocks go I bought them from Ketut in Legian. Fixed price. I paid the same, about $2 AUS.

Also if your not wanting to shop but you want a few momentos you can always go to Discovery Mall in Tuban. Most of the stuff you see in the markets and silver jewellery even wood stuff and clothing. All fixed price with the price on it. No hassles.

When your done there is some nice coffee places and fast food places.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Edited: 09 July 2011, 01:15
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,492 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buying 'vans' (shoes) in Bali

Hi Yaya, we bought large size vans in poppies 2, it was one of the first shops we came to off JL Legian on the right hand side, my boys are size 11.

The jocks I got in Garlic lane, starting at Posers end the shop was about three or so in on the right hand side (meaning the third shop that had them out the front). The first two shops the material felt a bit thin. I offered 100,000 for five pairs, and he was fine with this, from memory we bought some t-shirts as well.

The basketball singlets were a bit of a nightmare. We asked everywhere and they said 900,000, then 500,000 and finally we got them from a shop at the back of the Puri Raja in JL Padma Utara where we were staying LOL. Do watch the quality though as it varies a lot, especially the finishing of the seams.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Buying 'vans' (shoes) in Bali

I purchased 2 pairs of Vans for 300,000 @ Leah Shop on Kartika Plaza last night (next to "No bull$*it" fixed price shop) across the road from Queen's of India restaurant.

BangBang had a good range of colours and sizes including large sizes. He didn't have the sizes I needed but went to his 'brother's' shop to get the sizes and bring them back for us which only took about 5 minutes.

Lana (blue business card for Leah Shop) who has a store at the same place but a little further towards the back on the left said she would do them a bit cheaper if I wanted to buy more.

Happy shopping ;-)