We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Bali Dentistry experience

Perth
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Our Bali Dentistry experience

I have booked our appointment with Dr Retno Agung several months before we went to Bali. She always answered my emails promptly and due to other recommendations I was quite confident we would have no problem with her work. We arrived 5 minutes before to greet an Aussie walking out the door. My checkup, clean and scale was first which took 45 minutes and while I don’t like going to the dentist, it was by far the best clean I have had. She delivered the bad news that I need two fillings but we couldn’t get a further appointment so that is on the agenda for our October trip. For both of our dental work it cost 1 million rupiah which is less than half of what we would have paid in Perth. While my husband was getting his teeth done her next appointment rolled up who was also another Aussie from Perth. He had been to see Dr Agung several times and said he was very happy with the work she had done. My husband needs to have crowns which were to cost about $4,500 here in Perth. She is going to do this in October for 5 million rupiah which is a saving of about $4,000. He did have to have a tooth extracted but she referred us to another dentist in Denpasar. We made an appointment to see Dr Feroz and he was just fantastic. My husband said it was the most painless procedure and the extraction, antibiotics and pain killers cost 460,000 rupiah. So for anyone having concerns about seeing a Dentist in Bali, I can highly recommend either of these dentists. We did ask for a quote for my husband’s crowns but Dr Feroz quoted 7.5 million so we will stay with Dr Agung.

Sawtell, Australia
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Bali Dentistry experience

Do you have an email address for Dr Agung?

Thanks in advance :)

Perth
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Bali Dentistry experience

Her email address is retno.agung@gmail.com.

Cabarita Beach...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Bali Dentistry experience

Could you please advise where the dentist located?

Thanks

Nellie

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
4,782 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Bali Dentistry experience

I have just had dental work done that requires a crown but nothing has been mentioned regarding cost. I know nothing about the cost and was staggered to see the price you mention. Are you having the work done in Bali because you don't have the insurance at home to cover it, or is it because the rebate isn't sufficient? Thanks.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our Bali Dentistry experience

Even with insurance here in Australia, the gap payment is horrendous. Whaqt you get back from your insurer is a pittance of what dental procedures cost.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our Bali Dentistry experience

Yes thats for sure Whinnie. The rebate is just a joke. In my opinions Dentist are up their with lawyers in the greedy b******d stakes. HOnestly how can anyone charge the amount they do for dentistry. It is just a joke. To be perfectly honest I have spoken to enough people who have had work done with Dr Agung and I have no hesitation using her again.

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
4,782 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our Bali Dentistry experience

It's certainly very difficult to understand how dentistry is one of the most stressful occupations. Perhaps the stress factor is wondering if they are going to get paid :-)

Perth
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Our Bali Dentistry experience

Now that is definitely stressful :)

9. Re: Our Bali Dentistry experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2012, 14:29