We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning New Years Eve in Bali

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,039 posts
317 reviews
Planning New Years Eve in Bali

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread about ways to spend New Years Eve in Bali.

What are peoples thoughts on what area to stay?

What hotels provide a great night of entertainment for guests?

Any restaurants stand out as 'the best place to be' on the night?

What hotels do people prefer that DON"T have a surcharge for a compulsory NYE dinner?

Any other comments and ideas to help those of us going to Bali see in the New Year?

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: Planning New Years Eve in Bali

I was thinking the same thing, trying to plan our christmas and new year. we will be in sanur, has anyone got a good christmas day idea as we dont land till late christmas eve traci

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
70 reviews
2. Re: Planning New Years Eve in Bali

bump

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Planning New Years Eve in Bali

we will be there this new years eve so what is the best place to party on at kobrob..........

sunshine coast...
Level Contributor
656 posts
4. Re: Planning New Years Eve in Bali

Hi Sue-Ellen and Traci ,

We have been in Bali the last 2 xmas/January and have loved every minute of it !!! Although we haven't actually been there for xmas day .

We have been staying at K/P for the past 2 new years and they don't charge for compulsory new years dinner .Last year they had one but this year they didn't as you know the restaurant area is all open and they get caught out with the rain !

We often go out for dinner at Lanai on the beachfront if we can get a booking or go to BBS (bali beach shack ). As we love all our friends there and they have a great band with James,Robert and Pandu !!

Then you have to go down onto the beach with your own drinks and see all the fireworks at midnight all along the beach from Legian to Kuta just amazing !!!!

Hope this helps Sue X

sunshine coast...
Level Contributor
656 posts
5. Re: Planning New Years Eve in Bali

Hey Traci ,

I have sent you a PM re xmas day ,may even be able to catch up in Sanur !!

Glad you loved the pictures i sent you on F/B :-))

Sue

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
529 posts
183 reviews
6. Re: Planning New Years Eve in Bali

We stayed at the hard rock the dinner would be nice if you have it in the same room as breakfast so choose that room if staying there. The entertainment close to midnight and countdown really good but the action is on the beach starting from 5pm till 5am it was the best NYE I've ever experienced you can buy fresh corn on cob of the coals it's the best plus your own fireworks. I have a video on travelfun4ever YouTube account on NYE but there's heaps to get an idea but I'd suggest any hotel close to the beaches would be great me I love Kuta. Warning though stay close to whe you want to be because the traffic is a stand still.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
7. Re: Planning New Years Eve in Bali

Hi Everyone- I will be in Nusa Dua over NYE on my honeymoon. We were planning on being in Ubud, but were told that the beach is the way to go for NYE in Bali. Has anyone ever been in Nusa Dua for NYE? Any recommendations? I was advised that our resort, the Nusa Dua Beach Hotel and Spa had a complusory dinner. Does anyone know what that entails? I am thrilled about our first trip to Bali. We are spending 6 days in Nusa Dua and 5 at the Maya in Ubud. Any insight would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
529 posts
183 reviews
8. Re: Planning New Years Eve in Bali

Compulsory dinner always at hotel dosnt mean you have to go but you have to pay in the price they are very nice and the balinise do there best make it an awsome night and it will be. I've never stayed at. Nusa dua to quite for me but NYE mightbe a different stOry

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
232 reviews
9. Re: Planning New Years Eve in Bali

We were there last year....and we had dinner at Lanai. Food and service was fantasitc with a great view of the beach and all the action.

I agree you must get to the beach ....it is just incredible! I have never seen anything like it...fireworks going off as far as the eye can see...in bort directions.

But, wherever you go, make sure its within walking distance.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
215 posts
10. Re: Planning New Years Eve in Bali

Are the New Years fireworks only on Kuta/Legian beaches? We are planning to stay in Sanur.

Thanks

Justine