We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Children's Converse Shoes

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Children's Converse Shoes

Hi everyone, hope you had a great Christmas.

My daughter has decided she absolutely must have a pair of converse shoes! We looked in the shops today and are around $60. Can you get them in Bali? and if so anyone know approximate pricing. She's desperate to spend her Xmas/Birthday $$. Thanks!!

Nowra, Australia
Level Contributor
427 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Children's Converse Shoes

Merry Xmas to u...

My 14yo son purchased some in Poppies 2 in January this year. He said they were way under $20au a pair..it was the last day n he didn't bargain..so im sure you could get them much cheaper...he remembers seeing sizes from pre walker baby size up to large adult sizes. We are off again in less tan 3 weeks time and im sure his bargaining will be much improved this trip..lol

Hope this helps

cheers Lee

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Children's Converse Shoes

Famtastic news, thanks Leethomo. I will be able to hold her off from spending her money till we head over to Bali on Tuesday. Even $20 sounds like a bargain compared to $60!!

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
440 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Children's Converse Shoes

Hey

My daughters bought two pairs last October from the Sports Station store in the Discovery Mall, Kuta..second floor from memory..they were original Converse and had a great range to choose from for one pair we paid about $45 AUD and the other about $50 AUD. Tooty

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Children's Converse Shoes

There is a another Sports station in Denpasar also if you have trouble finding sizes at the Kuta one.

You can also buy classic converse canvas style sneakers at Carrefour in Sunset Road.

It pays to check that the sneakers are comfy, As Converse are manufactured under license not all sneakers are created equal..

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Children's Converse Shoes

So are they true converse or copies? It doesn't really matter if they are copies but I'd rather not pay $50 for copies when I can get the real deal for $60! $20 for copies I'm ok with.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Children's Converse Shoes

They are 'real' but made under license, for the Asian market. So they may differ a little from what you buy in Aus..

My husband and daughter have worn them over the years and they have been fine, but you just need to check that they are comfortable, as not all of the sneakers are great quality.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
119 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Children's Converse Shoes

The Converse sneakers in the side stalls and markets are generally copies- I am a bit of a sneaker yuppie so I like to check out the quality. If you see even a hint of glue where the sole wraps around the edge of the top of the sneaker, if the insole is not printed in a good quality or has a removable insole; if the shop/stall has any dubious quality shoes of other brnads- then you are looking at either fakes or seconds.

The shop at Discovery Kartika mentioned above has the real deal- there is a dedicated Converse shop as well as a sports store upstairs which has genuine sneakers. Go for these although they will only be slightly cheaper than Aussie prices.

That said, my wifey buys fakes all the time from Bali, China and Japan, and they are not always POOR copies- some have lasted just as long as the "originals". Converse shoes are quite easy to replicate; hence the abundance of shoes out there. Discovery Kartika is your best bet to be sure they are the real deal. Have fun !!!

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Children's Converse Shoes

Thanks everyone! My daughter is only 9 so she won't know if they are copies, as long as they are comfy, look good and are well priced she will be happy!! We head off tomorrow so can't wait to hit the shops!! YAY!

Thanks again,

Andrea

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Children's Converse Shoes

My 10 yr old son bought a pair of copy Converse shoes on our family trip in January this year for about $20. Sorry can't remember store name but main street into Kuta on left side before entry on right onto Poppies 1. He has worn them to death all year and only now has the front rubber come off. We just superglued back together and they are holding up. Going back to Bali in Feb and definitely getting more for all three boys. Good luck with your holiday and shopping

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Children's Converse Shoes

Thanks we have bought 2 pairs from athletes foot 50% off so only around $28 but still plan to look in poppies lane today. Ashley is very happy!