We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I use an ANZ Debit Card in Bali????

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
207 reviews
Save Topic
Can I use an ANZ Debit Card in Bali????

Hi

Do ANZ Debit Cards work in the ATM's in Bali? It does not have the Cirrus logo on the back which I thought you had to have to use overseas?

Thanks

Pam

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I use an ANZ Debit Card in Bali????

Ring the bank to confirm, but I would assume so. There are other international groups not just cirrus.

But please ring the bank...........

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I use an ANZ Debit Card in Bali????

Yes

Perth
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I use an ANZ Debit Card in Bali????

I used mine in an ATM in Bali in August and had no problem at all. There is a withdrawal limit but i just used it once after the other and all okay.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I use an ANZ Debit Card in Bali????

Thanks Guys for the feedback.

Great news.

Cheers

Pam

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
275 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I use an ANZ Debit Card in Bali????

Your debit card should be either a visa or mastercard. The symbol will be in the bottom right hand corner. Visa and Mastercard are accepted worldwide just like cirrus.

Don't forget to tell your bank of your travel dates so they can note their records ( "falcon") that it is authorised for use overseas. Also make sure the card is not due to expire and you have a pin number.

australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I use an ANZ Debit Card in Bali????

Double check with your bank, I have a debit card and in Aust I can use a pin or push credit and it just debits from my account , but when I used it in Europe when I used a pin and even though I had money in my account it gave me money and was going to charge interest as if I had used the credit card this was from ATM . So I had to use my other card to get money out.

Hope you understand what I mean.

7. Re: Can I use an ANZ Debit Card in Bali????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2011, 14:19