We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

babi guling

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
224 posts
1 review
Save Topic
babi guling

would like some advice on a good place to get babi guilng? there will be 22 people for the meal.we are all staying around the kuta area for 4 days in march , then going off our own ways. so would like to do it when we are all together. will keep searching here aswell

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: babi guling

I'm not much help , but yummy , god I want some now .

I will be there in march myself

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: babi guling

With that many people dining at once, you would be advised to pre book.

You can get a good babi guling cooked at Sate Bali, Seminyak, Ketupat, Bumbu Bali and many warungs serve it but you may want a more sit down relax place.

mudwash
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: babi guling

Afew restaurants do it but you have to book in advance I know the Agung restaurant in poppies 1 does it. there is also 1 in poppies 2 can't remember the name but it is on the right hand side clos to the Bagus when going towards the beach it is also a hotel someone will know the name it is the one that gives you garlic bread and a welcome drink

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,987 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: babi guling

Eaten here, located just across from the Ubud Tourist Information Center --> travel-betty.com/wp-content/…ibuokasign.jpg

Celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain ate his share of babi guling there --> travel-betty.com/was-ibu-okas-babi-guling-wo…

Edited: 19 October 2010, 17:01
Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: babi guling

There would be little point in trying to get 20 to Ibu Okas. It is a case of first in first served and once the pig has gone there is no more for the day. This is a good place for 2-4, but not a large group.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
207 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: babi guling

I'm pretty sure someone mentioned to me that Indonational in Jalan Padma will arrange it if you have a minimum number of guests booked. Have never had it there so cannot advise quality. I would think 22 would more than cover the minimum. It is a large restaurant so they would cater for your group size easily.

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: babi guling

Indonational needs eight people and they serve it with baked vegies very nice. We had it there last year can't remember the cost.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: babi guling

It's a nice roast but it's not a traditional babi guling with spices and Balinese greens etc. It usually has roast potatoes, pumpkin and corn so more westernised.

Perth
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: babi guling

I booked a Babi Guling dinner for a birthday party for approx 40 down at Nusa Dua beach after a day of watersports. It wasn't at a specific restaurant just more like a beach party where the locals cooked up a feast - a damn good one at that..

An Australian company called Bali Success Tours helped me with all the arrangements for the party including the watersports, dinner, music, drinks etc... The Babi Guling was fantastic (better than any i've had at a restaurant/warung) and the atmosphere was perfect - down on the beach to watch the sunset and then party into the night.

I am unsure if they are just able to arrange a Babi Guling lunch/dinner for you but it is worth contacting them to find out. They certainly made my day one to remember and everything went off without a hitch.

http://www.balisuccesstours.com.au

10. Re: babi guling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 October 2010, 07:08