We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone booked with website "directwithhotels"?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone booked with website "directwithhotels"?

A property that we have been looking at has a confirmation and booking facility with 'directwithhotels'. It looks to be secure and takes major cards, but just thought I'd try and get some feedback. You are only required to pay a deposit from what I can make out and must pay the balance on arrival with the hotel. I would definately also check that the hotel has the reservation. Any feedback gratefully appreciated.

cheers,

Kate

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone booked with website "directwithhotels"?

We booked our Seminyak accommodation with them recently and had no problems.

It's not much point checking with the hotel though. I tried before we left for Bali and they could not confirm our accommodation as they are only notified of the details from dirrecthotels a couple of days before you are due to arrive.

I am sure you will be OK.

Manila
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone booked with website "directwithhotels"?

I used directwithhotels when I booked for an accommodation in Cebu earlier this year. So far I had no problems with them. Got my reservation confirmed through their notification email and got exactly what I wanted as soon as I checked-in at the hotel.

3. Re: Anyone booked with website "directwithhotels"?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2015, 02:12
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone booked with website "directwithhotels"?

thank you all for your replies, sounds encouraging.

cheers,

Kate

Beijing, China
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone booked with website "directwithhotels"?

I just saw this today. I was charged by directwithhotels 3500 dollars and I annot understand how and when I used it. I am a plant engineer and I do not use my credit card to reserve hotel rooms and I was surprised that they answered it was being used by some one else. This is fraudulent of directwithhotels.com. I demand they give back my money. I have been calling them but there is no answer or keep passing to other staff!!!!!

Edited: 30 March 2011, 04:01
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone booked with website "directwithhotels"?

Hello, this is Emiliano, CEO of DirectWithHotels. I picked up this thread and wanted to thank all of you that have shared your positive experience. We work with 1000s of hotel partners to make your booking experience direct with the hotel as simple, convenient & effective as possible. We will continue doing our very best to work hand-in-hand with our hotel partners to service you well. And should you ever have any issues, please write to me directly at emiliano.zulberti@directwithhotels.com - I will address your concern directly and promptly. Along these lines: NicolasY from Beijing, I see there is an issue on hand, and I saw your duplicate post with the same details on measuredup.com, though the name is different (Richard). Please do write to me directly and I'll ensure to look into the details of the situation and get it resolved. Thanks to all again.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone booked with website "directwithhotels"?

Hello again NicolasY from Beijing, just a quick update with respect to your complaint in view of our own internal investigation:

1. you claim that we charged you $3,500; our finance team reviewed our credit card processing logs for the past 24 months, and the highest charge is $2,100, nowhere near $3,500.

2. our reservations team did an extensive query for your first and last name and found no matches

3. I offered you my email address to contact me directly so we could assist with your complaint, and you have not yet been in touch.

In view of (1) to (3), I can't help but question the legitimacy of your complaint. If otherwise, again, please write to me directly and I will attend to your complaint expeditiously. Otherwise, please "do the right thing" and refrain from posting complaints that lack substance.

Thanks in advance.

Emiliano

Manila, Philippines
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone booked with website "directwithhotels"?

Hello Emiliano. I've been trying to book online at hotels in Manila that uses directwithhotels website. I cannot understand why the website doesn't seem to work with my mac, i cannot enter any info on the dates. Do I need to install any software for the website to work? Appreciate your advise. Thanks!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone booked with website "directwithhotels"?

have u tried booking.com or agoda they are safe and cheap too

Manila, Philippines
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone booked with website "directwithhotels"?

yes blocker64. but some of the newer hotels that i'd like to try are not yet in agoda. thanks for the tip though!