We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali fire stations

KD1
Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bali fire stations

We are travelling to Bali in September this year and my husband is very passionate about visiting fire stations wherever we go - we like to call it the World Tour of Fire Stations.

I have tried searching online already for locations of Bali fire stations but cannot seem to find any details.

Does anyone know any locations for me. We are probably going to be staying at Sanur and Uluwatu, however I am more than willing to travel to get to one and meet some fire fighters. Are they permanent fire fighters in Bali or volunteers.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali fire stations

The only one i can see listed is here.

1. [FI] FIRE STATION

Landmark : Fire Station

Jalan Imam Bonjol St.

Pemecutan Klod Village, West Denpasar

Denpasar City 80119

Zone : Denpasar

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali fire stations

Maybe investigate Denpasar Airport? If there’s a fire station anywhere in Bali surely the airport must be the place?

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,509 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali fire stations

Hi KD1

I had a generator that blew up one night at my place and had a great fire but when I asked if there was a fire service that could be rung I was met with blank faces!. We ended up putting it out with water from the pool ( not the best idea with a generator!) and I bought my own fire extinguisher x 3 the next day! good luck in finding a fire station!

Cheers

Lake Macquarie
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali fire stations

Hi KD1

There is a fire station in Kuta - I know because my husband is a fireman and he found it when we were there last! It's only a small one though - the big one is in at Denpasar. If you want to know where the one in Kuta is I will try and find out - I can visualise it but not to sure of the address.

Regards

Jodie

KD1
Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali fire stations

Thank you all for your responses.

No need to try and find me the address of the one on Kuta, thank you for the offer, my husband literally has a knack for sniffing them out. At least I will know which town I need to be in for him.

Thank you again.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali fire stations

There is a fire station, most ot the equipment is donated ODA. Actually, the best to visit and probably most friendly would be the fire station in the Nusa Dua resort area. I believe it's just across from the Bali Collection shopping mall.

Forget about calling the fire brigade in an emergency. You are on your own. I have heard they negotiate a payment before trying to put out the fire. By then it's all over. Best to have insurance.

Nice spa fire in Kuta last week. Escaping guests running around naked added to the excitement.

7. Re: Bali fire stations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2011, 17:56