We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Made redundant last Thursday, will be over in a month. Help!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Made redundant last Thursday, will be over in a month. Help!

Hi guys,

My considerate boss has now given me plenty of time off over summer by surprisingly making me redundant.

Of course my immediate desire is to come to Bali even though my last visits were only in Sep and May 09.

Puri Raja is booked out as usual, I think Mandira Deluxe and Padma is too much for me now that I am unemployed!!!!

I think availability will be an issue and also cost if I want to stay a bit longer. Thinking from Jan 7 -15

I like properties with atmosphere and clean rooms, lagoon style pools, good location predominantly in Legian or surrounds but still have value for money.

These are some my thoughts:

Lokha

Mercure Kuta

The Haven (anyone stayed here yet)

Ramada Camakila

Mandira Superior

I have stayed at Padma, Puri Raja, Mandira and places in Tuban.

Trying to find my next favourite place...even though at short notice.

Any suggestions or advice? I would appreciate.

Happy to respond to messages on properties I have already stayed at also.

Thanks in advance.

VB

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Made redundant last Thursday, will be over in a month. Help!

You could look at the following in Legian:

Kumala Pantai

Sari Beach

Kusnadi

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Made redundant last Thursday, will be over in a month. Help!

Are you aware that there is very good quality accommodation available in Bali at well below the prices of the places that you have mentioned?

If I were in your shoes, I would slip down to the nearest Indonesian Consulate, get myself a 60 day extendable Visa and clamber onto an aeroplane as soon as possible.

By moving into a place that is cheaper but without being of lower quality , you can then be enjoying yourself in Bali before the end of this week.

3. Re: Made redundant last Thursday, will be over in a month. Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2010, 14:24