We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Drinking Age?

Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bali Drinking Age?

I am going to Bali in a couple of weeks and i was just wondering how old u hav to b to buy and drink alcohol in bali?

I was also wondering if bali has midori, vodka crusiers and baileys, as friends i am going with were wondering!

Any information would be great!

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali Drinking Age?

Hello Micki

I understand the drinking age to be 16. I suggest you do a search in this forum (in the space next to Bali Forum) for alcohol in Bali. Currently there is an extreme shortage of alcohol in Bali.

Enjoy your holiday

wendy

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali Drinking Age?

Sellers in Bali don't really care how old you are, they will sell anything to anyone.

You can buy lots of cruisers and similar drinks, be careful with arak cocktails and large drinks in fishbowls, the alcohol can creep up on you and you are drunk before you know it.

AND NEVER LEAVE your drinks unattended when in a club.

Just as a matter of interest though how old are you?? 16??

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,915 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali Drinking Age?

they don't have a minimum age. my daughters are all able to buy alcohol. they have even served it to my 14 yr old when i asked her to get me a drink. i suggest you take your 1 ltr duty free alcohol with you and buy mixers at the supermarket or the convenience stores. there are even kids around the age of 12 driving and riding motor scooters. the laws are different in bali.

Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali Drinking Age?

Thank-you for your information! i am 17 turning 18! However family friends going with us do have a 16 year old!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali Drinking Age?

As Snooky siad, there is no legal drinking age in Bali. Some of the nightclubs in Kuta though will ask to see ID. This is just their house policy to keep really young teenagers out.

Avalon Beach...
Level Contributor
822 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali Drinking Age?

Hi Micki,

My niece is there at the moment for Schoolies and she is 17. They are having a ball (apart from the conjunctivitis!) and reports that the nightclubs are awesome!

7. Re: Bali Drinking Age?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 21:21