We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest Scuba Diving in Bali with Instructor and Camera

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Cheapest Scuba Diving in Bali with Instructor and Camera

I will be visiting Bali soon. Is there any cheap Scuba diving option for short period, there should be a person who will take my pictures under water.(I have done scuba diving before) I don't need whole day, 30 Minutes to 1 hour will do. I have found several options with 5-6 hours or even for a whole day. To summarize, 30 Minutes to 1 hour of Scuba diving+a person who will take my pictures under water+waterproof camera. Please suggest where to book and how much will spend.

5 replies to this topic
Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
918 posts
282 reviews
1. Re: Cheapest Scuba Diving in Bali with Instructor and Camera

Ok, so you have done scuba before. Does that mean you have a certificate? (ie PADI open water, not just a “discover scuba”)

If so, lots of dive centers in Tulemben, Amed or on Nusa Lembongan can take you diving. Tulemben/Amed is (mostly) shore diving, so you don’t have to wait for a boat/other divers.

If, on the other hand, you do not have a certificate think twice before you hire a cheap “guy” to take your photo under water! Scuba diving is dangerous if you do not know what you’re doing. Most insurances does not cover if something goes wrong.

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
9,646 posts
60 reviews
2. Re: Cheapest Scuba Diving in Bali with Instructor and Camera

Excellent advice above. Please do take heed of it. Cheap and safe rarely go hand in hand. And I'm guessing you are not certified, so an instructor must give you tuition before your dive, otherwise he could lose his instructors rating. Also, do take into account the cost of a half decent underwater camera. I have a good one, but it cost me over $US20,000.

Another thing, I doubt you'd manage 1 hour underwater on a single tank of air! Even half an hour is difficult for beginners.

There are too many diver deaths in Bali. One in September, 2 in October. Please don't become the next statistic.

Edited: 20 November 2018, 08:42
Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3. Re: Cheapest Scuba Diving in Bali with Instructor and Camera

Yes, I don't have a Certificate of Scuba Diving. It has done it last time was in Cyprus( free of cost from my University). 15 Minutes training inshore and then 15 minutes under water. The trailer was always with me and captured many photos under water. I just need this type of short diving just to update my Instagram profile pic :D :D . Is there any cheap option for this short period of time in Bali? Please advice.

Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
4. Re: Cheapest Scuba Diving in Bali with Instructor and Camera

It's not going to be cheap as the instructor has to pay much more attention and look after you and take pictures. A basic go pro/ underwater camera doesn't need to e expensive. The pictures will be okay as long as you can't too deep as you get blue shift of colours when you go deep without a colour filter.

Go around and ask the dive shops. I've always dived with my own camera but I'm certified so I pay the usual fee of $70-90 for 2 dives at 2 different locations.

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
9,646 posts
60 reviews
5. Re: Cheapest Scuba Diving in Bali with Instructor and Camera

Nahid, instructors need to abide by the rules and these days there is no 15 minutes of training. The modules to be taught are clearly defined by the training agencies (PADI & SSI). You will need to pay for and do a Discover Scuba/Try Scuba course.

I agree with the above, if you just want an instragram photo, a GoPro will be fine. However, colours will not be right without lights and if you want to make a decent sized print for your wall etc, the photos from them are lousy. My hubby has 3 GoPros, with 2 sets of lights, and I'm yet to see a photo worth enlarging.

Reply to: Cheapest Scuba Diving in Bali with Instructor and Camera
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted