We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked accommodation now recommendations

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked accommodation now recommendations

Hi my 6 year old and my mum and I have just booked in August to stay at the Montigo in Seminyak for 3 days followed by the Frand Nirage in Nusa Dua for 5 days. Can anyone recommend tips on the resorts also do you know if both hotels serve drinks on the beach or only poolside? Also is it best to do all our shopping when in Seminyak and head to Kuta? Best and cheap spa places? Any good seafood restaurants? Great child things to do? Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua Peninsula, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
5 replies to this topic
Auckland NZ
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked accommodation now recommendations

We are off to the Grand Mirage for the fifth time in two weeks. Yes,drinks are served on the beach in front of the older hotel but not sure about the family paradise. Drinks and food are expensive and not all that great.Your child will love the pools,slides,games rooms etc at the family paradise which you can use even if you are staying in the old part. The two hotels are about 150m apart. If you are not doing all inclusive you will like the restaurants opposite. There are 6 or 7. Our favourite is Bali Cardamon and there is a good money changer right opposite it. Good Spa is Home Spa next to Glaze restaurant and it charges half normal prices from 9-11 am. Across the road there are minimarts plus a larger CocoMart about 100m to the left. Free bus every hour to Bali Collection which we don't personally like but it is an easy way to get to another part of the beach for a change. Apart from a few okay market stall to the left of the hotel on the beach path,there is no shopping really in the area. Do it in Legian or Kuta before you arrive. Great hotel to relax and watch the crazy watersports action and plenty for your child to enjoy. Staff are lovely. Have fun. I will post a hotel review plus some restaurant ones too so look out for them in late May/early June

Mentioned in this post
The Grand Bali Nusa Dua
The Grand Bali Nusa Dua
407 Reviews
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
Bali Cardamon
Bali Cardamon
743 Reviews
Tanjung Benoa, Indonesia
Bali Collection
Bali Collection
3,696 Reviews
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
australia
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked accommodation now recommendations

According to my map, Montigo is not on the beach so therefore no sunset drinks available beachside. I suggest you do your shopping in Seminyak as, for me, there is nothing in Nusa Dua. Jl. Petitengent is pretty rough terrain, IMHO, for walking. Metered taxis are cheap.

Mentioned in this post
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked accommodation now recommendations

Oh thank you so much so helpful I will keep an eye out.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
14,260 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked accommodation now recommendations

Assume Frand Nirage is Grand Mirage - if so at least you chose the hotel/area with the best location in Nusa Dua with having things outside the hotel. Loads of choice on the street, places to eat, drink,minimarts, Bakery, Spa, tourist booths, money changers, ATM and even a Starbucks if you are that way inclined

Mentioned in this post
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked accommodation now recommendations

Thank you and yes I did mean that resort I was typing whilst working haha

Reply to: Just booked accommodation now recommendations