We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions on Resort for Last Day with flight out at 1:30am

Shawsville, Virginia
Level Contributor
14 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions on Resort for Last Day with flight out at 1:30am

Hi. We have a flight out of Bali at 1:30 am and want to spend the day at a resort relaxing before the long flight. I am having trouble on deciding where to stay. Would it be better to choose a beach resort in Canggu and then get a transfer to the airport OR stay close to the airport in a resort like Rama Beach Resort in Tuban?

I am unfamiliar with traffic in Bali, but have read that traffic in Kuta is congested. How long would it take to get from Aston Canggu to the airport? And, coming from Ubud, how long would it take to get to the Rama Beach Resort. I have looked up distances on googlemaps, but this does not take into account traffic time.

i just want a relaxing last day, and don't want to have to deal with a lot of traffic. Any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks,

Melissa

11 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions on Resort for Last Day with flight out at 1:30am

If all you’d like to is relax and avoid traffic, then Tuban is a sensible choice. There’s a good range of hotels near the airport to consider. The Patra offers transfers for the equivalent of $3 AUD per person. We have spent a final night/ day there and it was fine.

Mortdale, Australia
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions on Resort for Last Day with flight out at 1:30am

The Harris at Tuban offers "transit rooms" and a free shuttle to airport

australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions on Resort for Last Day with flight out at 1:30am

Perhaps you could choose a late check out (6 p.m. usually) at half day rate at your accommodation, leave luggage at reception, enjoy your evening meal, pick up luggage and transfer to airport where you'll need to be around 10.30 p.m. IMHO, this option is much more pleasant to the other choice.

Shawsville, Virginia
Level Contributor
14 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions on Resort for Last Day with flight out at 1:30am

I like all of these suggestions. I have emailed Padma Resort Ubud (actually in Payangan) where we are staying to ask them about a late check out. I just thought that it might be a little far to travel late at night. Do you think we would encounter a lot of traffic coming from Ubud to the airport that late in the evening?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
995 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions on Resort for Last Day with flight out at 1:30am

YOu could always look at the Novotel which is at the airport? We did this for a 1am flight and at least all your luggage is stored in your room and they have internal access to the airport so no rushing. They have a pool, cable tv channels and a couple of nice restaurants.

Worth a look as it makes it easy!

australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions on Resort for Last Day with flight out at 1:30am

I don't think there'd be too much traffic around but others may know better. I'd be leaving Ubud at 9ish. At the airport there are seating areas, cafes etc.

Shawsville, Virginia
Level Contributor
14 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions on Resort for Last Day with flight out at 1:30am

Thank for giving me a recommendation on the time to be at the airport. I figured 2 -3 hours before, but 3 hours will make it less stressful.

australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions on Resort for Last Day with flight out at 1:30am

Sorry, Melissa, I had problems posting earlier. I wanted to mention that perhaps you need to consider check out/check in times, plus packing, then moving to another hotel etc. so that's why I like to stay where I am prior to transferring to the airport. Good luck.

Edited: 16 May 2018, 13:52
Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
12,143 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions on Resort for Last Day with flight out at 1:30am

Padma Ubud is about 2 hours to the airport on average. If you want to arrive at the airport at 10:30 or 11 I would leave at 9 just to be sure. There will be very little traffic around Ubud at that time, but nearer the airport it could still be busy.

(I am presuming your driver will take you through the Sayan and Batubulan roads which will be fastest, not going through downtown Ubud).

Shawsville, Virginia
Level Contributor
14 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggestions on Resort for Last Day with flight out at 1:30am

Thanks for all of the advice, it has been really helpful.

baliAustralia... you make a great point that I hadn't considered about checking in/out and moving luggage. So, I have decided to just enjoy Padma Resort Ubud a little longer. They offered me 50% rate for check-out at 6 pm. They will watch our luggage while we have dinner, then off to the airport.

MangoMunky... Thanks, I'll ask my driver to not go through downtown Ubud. Great tip.

Well, getting ready for the trip now. Packing and organizing. Will be in Sanur by Friday! We are doing 2 nights in Sanur at Klumpu Bali Resort, then 2 nights in Seraya at Shunyata Villas, then 5 nights in Ubud.

Thanks again to everyone!

Reply to: Suggestions on Resort for Last Day with flight out at 1:30am
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted