We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling

Located in canggu but want to do some snorkeling before leaving Bali. Any suggestions welcomed- snorkel on own or guided tour is great. Can spare 1-3 days. Preferably somewhere that can accommodate beginners (ie include flotation device).

1 reply
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
8,646 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling

Canggu is a very long way from decent snorkelling areas. Please take a read of the descriptions of the snorkelling areas in the first pinned post on the forum. There is also Nusa Lembongan/Penida.

I hope you don't mind me saying, but if you need a flotation device then you should not be snorkelling on your own. And I would suggest that you have some lessons before you take your snorkelling trip. You need to know how to fit your mask, how to clear your snorkel, what to do if your snorkel gets full of water and you start choking on it, what to do with your hands when snorkelling, how to get in and out of the water without stomping the coral to death and when to put your fins on/take them off.

At the moment, the water on the NE coast (Amed & Tulamben) is too rough for decent snorkelling. It is new moon and there is a big swell and quite a brisk breeze. The water is quite dirty. I'd give it few days to settle down.

Reply to: Snorkeling
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted