We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days out of 12.5 should we use in Lembong?

Cardiff CA
Level Contributor
129 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How many days out of 12.5 should we use in Lembong?

Husband and I age 60, plus 3 sons ages 27, 25 and 23, plus 2 girlfriends are going to Bali from Jan 5 to Jan 18. We are an active family and love adventure. Some TA experts mentioned they don’t like long questions so I will be breaking them down into multiple questions over time and then maybe a itinerary review when I am done planning. I read everyday about Bali and what to do there. Overwhelming. I have decided that we will go to Nusa Lembongan to bike ride, snorkel, surf (my children surf at home) and rent scooters to see the island. I have booked Tarci"s bungalows for 4 nights. I am concerned that with everything else we want to do that I am spending too much time here. If we arrive early in the day will 3 days and 3 nights be enough time to hit everything on our list? Thanks for your advise.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Nusa Lembongan
Nusa Lembongan
Bali, Indonesia
5 replies to this topic
Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
22,712 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days out of 12.5 should we use in Lembong?

It is a small island and I would say 3 nights will give you plenty of time to do what's on your list in Nusa Lembongan.

Mentioned in this post
Nusa Lembongan
Nusa Lembongan
Bali, Indonesia
Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,285 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days out of 12.5 should we use in Lembong?

It depends what you want to do with the rest of your time. Three nights is a good taster but you may regret not staying four... or find 3 is ample? I would stay 12.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
199 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days out of 12.5 should we use in Lembong?

The weather would decide if you want to stay longer, if the conditions (surf) are good would say 4 nights ideal.We stay between 15 to 30 nights betwen Lembongan & Nusa Penida. Even this is not long enough for us. Tarci Bungalows is a good pick,good food,live music some nights and well positioned and short paddle to surf spots or use the aqua taxi.

Mentioned in this post
Nusa Penida
Nusa Penida
Bali, Indonesia
Zoeterwoude, The...
Level Contributor
43 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days out of 12.5 should we use in Lembong?

We split our time in Sanur 4 nights, Ubud 4 nights, Lembongan 3 nights. If Lembongan is last on your list you need an extra night Bali before returning to the airport. We don't surf however. Spent 1 day snorkeling (Manta's!), one day scootering and 1 day beach. Enough for us, though we could have easily spent another day to go to the Mangrove forest. Lembongan is more laid back and as I hear form several locals, great for surfing. We stayed next to Tarci's and had dinner there twice, great place.

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Night At The Zoo
Night At The Zoo
140 Reviews
Sukawati, Indonesia
Cardiff CA
Level Contributor
129 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many days out of 12.5 should we use in Lembong?

Thank you everyone for your advise. I hope the weather cooperates and there is some surf. It will be fun whatever weather comes our way. I'll try to lay out the rest of the trip to see what works. Glad to hear Tarci's is a good choice.

Reply to: How many days out of 12.5 should we use in Lembong?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted