We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas please

Norfolk
Level Contributor
58 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas please

Hi

My husband and I are visiting Bali in July for 8 days (not included arrival/ departure days).

I think we've narrowed it down to Ubud and Sanur. My question is which way round would people suggest to do them and how long for?

We like Sanur as we like the beach but want a bit more than that so markets/shops, temples (more likely in Ubud i guess) and ease of access to day trips- I've read other posts on here and this seems to be recommended (is there anywhere else similar but not a tourist trap?)

Does this sound like the right choice? We haven't booked accommodation yet but hope to do so very soon once we know how long to do in each (I know it's peak time so got to act fast).

Also has anyone got any suggestions for excursions or trips from either Ubud or Sanur please? ( or indeed any to try and avoid).

We like culture as well as relaxation by pool/ beach so things like visiting temples and local markets etc.

Thanks in advance

3 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,136 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas please

Hi madmary.

I think you’ve chosen your destinations well for your very short trip. Only my thoughts but it would be best to transfer directly to Ubud on arrival. Many hotels will arrange a driver to pick you up from the airport.

Split the time - 4 days in Ubud and the other 4 in Sanur for a beach break. That way you’ll be much closer to the airport for your departure.

Yes it will be busy at that time so it will be best to do some hotel research and book quickly.

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,694 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas please

A downhill bike ride whilst in Ubud is very popular and suitable for most people. You could do a day trip to Uluwatu and the beautiful beaches in that area. If you're into snorkelling a day trip from Sanur can be had.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas please

I agree with #1 straight to Ubud on arrival. I don’t usually use my hotel driver as a lot of hotels just use the local drivers off the street, load the price and once the “ hotel “ driver didn’t arrive at the airport. I have since used the same driver / guide for the past four years who’s extremely reliable.

I always stay in a fabulous hotel in Jl Bisma, Ubud. Any hotel in that area will be great, easy to walk around, in the central area yet has a rural setting. Over the years l have tried every area of Ubud. There are a lot of things to do in Ubud and fabulous day trips in and beyond that area, you might want to stay an extra day.

Have a great trip and choosing just two places is the right thing to do in my opinion.

Reply to: Ideas please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted