We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best destination for a 4 day visit to Indonesia?

10 posts
Save Topic
Best destination for a 4 day visit to Indonesia?

Hi i need help deciding where to go in Indonesia. So I will be leaving from Kuala Lumpur and I have 4 days, so my options I see are to go to Padang and Bukittinggi which is closest to Kuala Lumpur or go to Jakarta and Bandung which is a tad further or Bali which is furthest.

I am not a beach fanatic but where ever I go I would like a little beach, a little history and culture, and interesting stuff to do like hot springs/volcano

5 replies to this topic
Canberra
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best destination for a 4 day visit to Indonesia?

Bali

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,187 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best destination for a 4 day visit to Indonesia?

Hi Adam

Although Jakarta would be convenient distance wise, you would be best to avoid it as it’s only a big polluted city without any of the points of interest you mentioned.

Although Bali is furthest from you, it ticks all your boxes except for the hot springs.

10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best destination for a 4 day visit to Indonesia?

Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
631 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best destination for a 4 day visit to Indonesia?

There are the Banjar hot springs in north Bali. It’s not far from the Buddhist monastery and Lovina, which has black sand beaches and you might see dolphins here. We went there on a day trip that also included a visit to Ulun Danu Beratan Temple which is a famous, beautiful landmark and a significant temple complex.

10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best destination for a 4 day visit to Indonesia?

Thanks all sounds great

Bali I think it is then

Reply to: Best destination for a 4 day visit to Indonesia?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted