We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking a driver

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Booking a driver

How difficult is it to hire a last minute private driver for the day in Bali? We will be there from June 25th to July 6th. We wanted to wait until we were there to book, will it be safe to do that?

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
7 replies to this topic
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking a driver

They are everywhere you wont have any trouble

Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking a driver

Hello

Me and my family (6 people) were in Ubud last week and we met a very good driver, Wayan

He is 26 years old, driven very cautiously, always on time, accompanies you where you want and proposes as an intermediary to have interesting rates for visits. We kept it all week, I would recommend it for all of this.

WAYAN UBUD +62 819-3434-6607

Corinne

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Cafe Wayan & Bakery
Cafe Wayan & Bakery
3,738 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Orange County...
Level Contributor
687 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking a driver

What area of Bali will you be staying in?

Edited: 18 May 2018, 06:57
Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking a driver

yes book when you get there or get one that has WhatsApp and message them at the time, I have one if you want, he is also on the recommended list. Bali is about relaxing and going with the flow, so flexibility is the best way. If you have an idea about your dates then that's ok too, but I wouldn't schedule too much into your itinerary everyday. I usually one day of being busy the other day for relaxing. Above all enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
5. Re: Booking a driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 May 2018, 12:35

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking a driver

I think it is always better to book beforehand since you'll be assured of someone picking you up when you reach the airport and don't have to worry about booking anything last minute and the uncertainty around it.

We're just wrapping up our trip with an excellent driver called Putu Budi Chatura. He's been with us for 7 days, good driving and great to talk to.

More importantly, rate is reasonable when compared to the other drivers we spoke to. You can WhatsApp him on +6287860138772 or +6281237677874.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
14,243 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking a driver

Hi Amanda,

If you tell people exactly where you are staying they can give better advice on exact drivers.

If moving around then you can turn your transfer into a minisightseeing tour between checkout/checkin.

Suffice to say a private driver costs IDR600k ~ $45 for the day. 9am to 6/7pm ish. Whole van privately to yourself not per person.

Do/see what you want. Stop where you want. Eat where you want.

Reply to: Booking a driver
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted