We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks in Bali Aug/Septmeber help

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks in Bali Aug/Septmeber help

hi

i am going to bali 28 Aug - 12 Sept with my boyfriend and we are both pretty much clueless! (blind leading the blind) so far we were thinking of doing semiyak for four days Gill T for 2 Ubud and then Canguu (is this an ok order to do them in? or should we re arrange them..)

we will be paying for semiyak/Gill hotels before we go and pay the rest over there, how much spends will we need between us? i was hoping to change £2500 (1250 each) over but now i'm reconsidering as i dont like to be money worrying or scrimping whilst on holiday but also i don't have a big time frame to save the extra money .. any help would be masssivley appreciated

5 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks in Bali Aug/Septmeber help

Canggu and Seminyak are right next to each other so probably wouldn't bother doing both. For 2 weeks 3 places is probably enough... maybe stay on Gilli T a little longer.

Edited: 11 May 2018, 18:51
Mentioned in this post
Canggu
Canggu
North Kuta, Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks in Bali Aug/Septmeber help

Also take cash and then credit card or debit card as backup. Atm's are readily available, just check with your bank before you go what their charges are to use overseas. Some charge a lot and most atm's you can only take out say 1,000,000 ($100AUD) so if you need $300 AUD it's 3 withdrawals and the costs can add up. Citibank and I think ing have debit cards with no overseas ATM fees so consider getting one before you go.

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
7,894 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 weeks in Bali Aug/Septmeber help

£2,500 = IDR 46,750,000 on today's exchange rate. That is slightly more than we budget and spend in 6 weeks for 2 pax, and we pay for over a month at a budget hotel out of it as well. Plus a rental car for a week, transfers and bottle of wine every evening. High end eating, cocktails etc will obviously cost you whole lot more than we spend.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 weeks in Bali Aug/Septmeber help

Well paid Most of our hotels. We are here for 2 weeks. I've got ~ €1000 and had some IDR left over but not much (paid for our transfer to Amed).

Wife brought £3 ;-) - we have a kitty with €500

I'll have a bit of diving to pay for and a good IDR1.3m for other transfers.

But if the cash runs out we'll go to ATM.

Mentioned in this post
Amed
Amed
Abang, Indonesia
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 weeks in Bali Aug/Septmeber help

Ok thanks everyone - decided to do Gilli T for 4 days and skip canguu

will stick to the 2500 as the boyfriend has hallow legs and can drink his weight in pints - also loves to tip workers a lot (which is fair they do work hard) hopefully won't need to use cards but will bring them as a back up

does anybody have any advice on snorkelling in the Gilli Islands, i;m not a very strong swimmer as water scares me but would feel like it's not something to miss as the sea is so beautiful, is this something i would need to be experienced for? thank you

Reply to: 2 weeks in Bali Aug/Septmeber help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted