We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on planned itinerary for 1 week in Bali

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on planned itinerary for 1 week in Bali

HI all

i am planning to bring my 2 teenaged sons to Bali in June this year. it is going to be a first time visit for all of us. here is the draft itinerary, hoping to get some views on whether it is ok:

Day 1, arrive at 11pm, plan to stay one night in hotel near airport

Day 2, driver to pick us up at 8am, target to reach Ubud hotel at 9am for us to deposit luggage

thereafter, driver to drive us to :

Candi Kuning market (main objective is to buy some vanilla beans there, not sure if this objective can be met)

Lake Beratan

Taman Ayun temple

Tanah Lot temple (for sunset), then dinner at Naughty Nuri;s warung

Day3 (don't think i need a driver for today)

Pura Taman Saraswati temple

Ibu Oka for lunch

Ubud Palace, Ubud market, Kevala ceramics, relax in villa pool, dinner at Bebek Bengil dirty duck

Bintang supermarket after dinner and also watch a traditional dance performance somewhere

Day4 (engage driver again) check out

Tirta Empul temple

Tegallalang rice terrace

Kintamani grand puncak sari buffet

check in to hotel in Lovina

Kristna Fantastic Land

Day 5

Dolphin watch in the morning

Banja hotspring and maybe a water fall in the afternoon

Day 6

check out of hotel, hire a taxi to send us to Kuta hotel

Lunch at Bamboo corner

Kuta beach

take taxi to Uluwatu to visit and see sunset, fire dance

Jimbaran Lia cafe for dinner (is it easy to get a cab at Uluwatu near evening time after the fire dance?)

Day 7

waterbom (one whole day)

dinner at Gourmet sate house

Day 8

check out and deposit luggage at hotel's storage facility

seawalk at Sanur

lunch at Mama San

take cab to Krisna Oleh Oleh for shopping in late afternoon

dinner at ? (somewhere nice and quick)

7pm (to leave for airport to catch our flight at 10.15pm), not sure how congested it is so have planned to leave Kuta for airport by 7pm

i love architecture, shopping and food plus some scenery whereas my sons would love some fun activities plus a bit of chill time in the pool.

any comments will be appreciated. thanks.

regards, octopusmum

7 replies to this topic
australia
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on planned itinerary for 1 week in Bali

Sorry, only one comment. I would head direct to Ubud on your arrival in Bali. You could arrange a transfer with your chosen accommodation. And perhaps research reviews regarding Kecak dance at Uluwatu.

Edited: 10 May 2018, 22:15
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on planned itinerary for 1 week in Bali

thanks for your advice. i had thought of going direct to Ubud upon arrival cause that would save us a lot of time the next morning . i had a concern though ..by the time we clear the immigration, it may be already midnight and the drive from Airport to Ubud takes around 1.5hr according to google map so we will reach hotel at 1.30am? think that is a bit too late , is it safe to make a night drive like this? sorry, dunno what is the road condition in Bali like.

australia
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on planned itinerary for 1 week in Bali

Many travellers head directly to Ubud when their flight is a late arrival. I'm arriving at 12.35 a.m. and a driver will be waiting. Safe to drive at night and there'll be less traffic. I think it's advisable to arrange a driver who knows Ubud area. Have the accommodation phone no. available. My accommodation also know the details of my flight and have someone on hand to check you in. On one occasion arriving late in Sanur the driver showed us to our bungalow and we officially checked in the next morning.

australia
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on planned itinerary for 1 week in Bali

P.S. Be aware of the check in time at your Ubud accommodation; usually it's 2 p.m.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on planned itinerary for 1 week in Bali

i think i can arrange with the accommodation ie. inform them that i will check in very late on 9 june ( the day of my flight to bali). i do have a question on my departure date, my flight is likely to be at midnight which means i will have to store my luggage at the hotel for almost one whole day. will that be a problem?

australia
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on planned itinerary for 1 week in Bali

I pay for a late check out at half room rate at my accommodation which is 6 p.m. Leave my luggage with them, go to dinner, pick up luggage and head to the airport. For international flights you are requested to be at the airport approximately 3 hours before. There are plenty of cafes if you need a drink or snack plus seating at the airport. Also be aware that bottled water will be confiscated at check in. Then if you buy a bottle at a cafe within the terminal this will also be taken when you go to your departure gate. There are a few water dispensers dotted around the airport.

Edited: 11 May 2018, 07:52
Level Contributor
485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on planned itinerary for 1 week in Bali

Wow, what a busy plan, looks like work, not holiday.

Don t plan everything, go with the flow and enjoy

Reply to: Advice on planned itinerary for 1 week in Bali
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted