We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Booking Transferring Money Issue

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Villa Booking Transferring Money Issue

Hi,

Am hoping someone can help me and point me in the right direction. I have found a villa in Bali that i would like to book and the business has emailed me their bank account details to send money across to confirm booking or pay by credit card which unfortunately i don't have.

I am now trying to send money from the UK to a bank in Indonesia-Bali - BCA Bank. I have tried sending the money from 4 different banks in the UK (HSBC, Lloyds, Halifax and Santander) none of these banks are able to send money to Indonesia when going through the process their systems doesn't show the IDR currency to send the money in. Found this very strange even the staff at the banks didn't know this was the case.

Can anyone suggest any alternative ways or advise on how people from the UK have booked accommodation directly without going through third party and transferring money into a BCA Bank from the UK.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
15 replies to this topic
melbourne
Level Contributor
4,859 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Booking Transferring Money Issue

Do you know the owners of this villa? Have you been recommended by someone you know? I wouldn't be sending money directly to someone I don't know. There is no security in this and you could lose it all.

Just my opinion.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Booking Transferring Money Issue

Hi. We recently stayed at a villa in Sanur for the second time. The first time we transferred money to the (Australian) owner's bank account. We re-booked for this April, and transferred the 50% deposit to the same account. Before we had to repay the remainder, the villa was sold to someone who had a bank account in Indonesia. They gave us the details, but it turned out there was going to be fees involved, and it was more involved than previously. In the end, the new owner was happy for us to bring the remaining money over to the villa in AUD, and give it to the villa staff. I don't know if this would be an option for you.

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
7,889 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Booking Transferring Money Issue

Please take into account the excellent advice in posts 1 & 2. However, should you still decide to go ahead, I regularly transfer funds to a Bali bank account using Transferwise. Low fees and a good exchange rate. It was very easy to set up and the funds arrive in about 1-2 days, depending on the time of day you send them. Much more cost effective than sending via a bank.

Edited: 10 May 2018, 18:48
Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Booking Transferring Money Issue

I am looking to book the Aksari Villa so money is going into their account which they have provided not an individual persons accounts. I will look into Transferwise and also maybe Western Union might also do this. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Aksari Villa
Aksari Villa
529 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
21,960 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Booking Transferring Money Issue

Western Union as you mentioned is always an option but a very expensive one. If you explain the situation to the villa owners, perhaps they might be willing to accept a small deposit which wouldn’t be so expensive for WU fees.

Legian, Indonesia
Level Contributor
518 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Booking Transferring Money Issue

Hi Name S

the advice in the above posts maybe better options but I had a similar situation some time ago now.

I needed to transfer IDR 60 Million (For a years rent) to a Bank account in Bali.

I could do it but the IDR option didn't show up, I did the conversion and reduced it a little and transferred it in Australian dollars, messaged the manager that I would pay the rest in cash later.

All went well, he got 95% of the fee as planned, I paid the rest in cash later, the conversion rate and fees were not to bad.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Booking Transferring Money Issue

Thank you i have emailed the Villa to see what they say and will check how much it actually costs through Western Union also.

Perth
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Booking Transferring Money Issue

We booked our villa in seminyak through TripAdvisor

Mortdale, Australia
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa Booking Transferring Money Issue

I recently paid a deposit via Paypal...I tried to pay it into indo account but like you couldnt.

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
4,273 posts
779 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa Booking Transferring Money Issue

I was also going to suggest transferring via PayPal as an alternative.

What is the name of the villas?

Reply to: Villa Booking Transferring Money Issue
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted