We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Being on holiday is exhausting HNR

Perth
Level Contributor
851 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Being on holiday is exhausting HNR

Sorry about the slow update guys but we have not stopped. I need a holiday from my holiday :) On Tuesday we finally got to Waterbom and we had a fantastic time. Got 10% off price. We got there just as it opened there was maybe 10 people in front of us. We did not get a cabana as we didn’t think it was worth the $25. The Park was never full even around lunch time the wait for slides was only 5 min. I actually was surprised how well I did. I used the slides about 15 times not bad for a 50 year old. Lost count how many times hubby used them. We only had a snack by the pool but the food was pretty good. We bought a return visit for $20 each which I thought was a good price.

Tuesday night we had dinner at the upstairs Italian restaurant in Kuta square near Mataharis lovely Italian and authentic. That night we were asleep by 8pm.

On Wednesday after breakfast we went for a walk to check out some hotels for a future trip. We walked all the way down the beach path looking at the Holiday Inn, Bali Bintang, Anvaya and Discovery Kartika. We then walked back to our hotel and caught a taxi to Seminyak. We had a really good coffee at Bali Bakery and then did a little bit of shopping. I love the little boutiques they have there and the fact I have a great hubby who encourages me to shop, bless him👤❤️

We had lunch at Sisterfields which is always good. We got the last table or else it’s a 30 min wait.

There are a lot of dodgy taxis in Seminyak. Some wouldn’t put on the meter and others were fake blue birds. Be careful people.

We had dinner at Boardwalk and watched the sunset over the beach. The food here is really good but you need to book for dinner as it is very popular.

To day is a do nothing and stay by the pool day. Hubby has already done his 15 km run this morning. Love that our hotel has the little buzzers by the sun loungers so you can order food and drink. The Grand Inna is a little run down in places but the staff are great and the service is good. Can’t beat the location either.

13 replies to this topic
Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,219 posts
834 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Being on holiday is exhausting HNR

Thanks for the interesting HNR. Sounds like you have started off well and are having a great time. Will you be taking trips up north or moving to other locations during your stay?

Orange County...
Level Contributor
729 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Being on holiday is exhausting HNR

Glad to hear you are feeling well enough to get to waterbom finally! What do you think it was? A bug, sun stroke, or good ol Bali belly?

And wow, a hubby who encourages shopping, ain’t that the dream!? 😜

Perth
Level Contributor
851 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Being on holiday is exhausting HNR

This is our tenth trip to Bali so pretty much been everywhere and done most of the tours. This trip we are staying at the one hotel. We may go rafting been a couple of years since we did it but not much else planned.

Perth
Level Contributor
851 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Being on holiday is exhausting HNR

Hi Shurgrl

Hubby got a cold a week before we left to come to Bali and I got the day before. Just bad luck but I am fine now. Thanks. Hi to Orange County had some relatives who used ti live in that area :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
976 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Being on holiday is exhausting HNR

Thanks for your report! It's not a bali trip if it's not hectic 😂 Haha!

I used to love the little Italian restaurant upstairs, so yummy! Agree with the taxis in seminyak, they would have to be the hardest ones to haggle also!

Enjoy your rest day 😊

Australia
Level Contributor
541 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Being on holiday is exhausting HNR

We have stayed at Holiday Inn and really enjoyed it. Can you tell me what you thought about the other hotels you looked at? Sounds like you are having a great holiday.

Mortdale, Australia
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Being on holiday is exhausting HNR

Youre a holiday powerhouse!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
229 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Being on holiday is exhausting HNR

Good to hear that you are feeling better and right back into your holiday. Looking forward to more posts :-)

Perth
Level Contributor
851 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Being on holiday is exhausting HNR

Hi Scotty

The Anvaya is a new hotel. Looks quite modern didn’t go all the way into the hotel. The pools didn’t look very deep heaps of sunloungers though. The Bali Bintang is a older hotel good size pool nice grounds. I loved the Discovery Kartika plaza huge pool heaps of sunloungers great location, this one I liked the most. Hope my info helps.

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Being on holiday is exhausting HNR

Love the reports. You guys are doing a holiday with grunt.

Reply to: Being on holiday is exhausting HNR
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted