We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

last minute planning.. pls review my itinerary

Belmont, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
last minute planning.. pls review my itinerary

Kind of throwing this trip together last minute as my husband and I have been really busy with work and haven't had a chance to sit down and work on this till now. We are due to arrive in DPS on Thursday May 17 and leaving DPS on Saturday May 26. Here is what I've come up with so far:

Thursday May 17 - SIN--> DPS, DPS--> Labuan Bajo (by plane)

When we land in Labuan Bajo, go to the ports/docks to find a reputable diving company and tour company. (wrote down all the tips on checking out boats, etc all thanks to TA)

Friday May 18- All day diving

Saturday May 19 - Since we can't fly for 24 hours, we will just snorkel and tour to see Komodo dragons at Komodo and Rinca, and hopefully see pink beach

Sunday May 20- LBJ--> DPS. Head to Ubud; Explore town and go to Ubud Traditional Market. Get a massage?

Monday May 21 Stay in Ubud- Ubud waterfalls: Tukad Cepung, Tegenungen, Tibumana, Kanto Lampo

Tuesdsay May 22 Stay in Ubud

See the Tegalalang Rice Terraces, Walk the Campuhan Ridge,

anything else? Not interested in Monkey Forest. Don't really want to get bit and deal with rabies.

Wednesday May 23- Stay in Ubud the night before? See Eastern Bali:

Tirta Gangga Water palace

Lempuyang Luhur

Ujung Water Palace

Thursday May 24 - See Northern Bali:

Pura Ulun Danu temple, Alingaling Waterfall or Secret garden of Sambangan.

Should we bother going to the Munduk Plantation to try Kopi Luwak? We're not even coffee drinkers but would like to bring some back as souvenirs for friends that are.

Not sure where to base ourselves. Should we stay in Northern Bali the night before to make it easier for ourselves to see the area?.

Friday May 25- Base ourselves in Canggu or Seminyak so that we are closer to the airport

Tanah Lot

Shopping in Canggu/Seminyak

Anything else?

Saturday May 26- Fly home

We are just wondering where to base ourselves majority of the time. Should we do Four nights in Ubud so that way we can do all the things around Ubud + East Bali? Stay closer to North Bali the night before we visit North Bali? If so, which area is recommended? and then do one night in either Canggu or Seminyak so that we are closer to DSP?

Have not yet booked a flight to LBJ. Will do so asap but had a question first. We just decided last minute we want to do Komodo and would prefer to do this in the beginning of our trip and not cut it too close to when we are leaving for fear of missing our flight back to the US). Is it cheaper to book through an Indonesian airline website or through a travel website like Kayak, expedia, etc?

A little about us: laid back couple who love landscape photography and trying new experiences. Love diving and nature (but don't want to get bit by monkeys). Prefers to start their days very early and okay with hiking. Love trying new foods, not big on the party scene, and looking forward to getting a massage (or two or three..).

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Sorry this is so long.

4 replies to this topic
Mortdale, Australia
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: last minute planning.. pls review my itinerary

Bump

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,882 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: last minute planning.. pls review my itinerary

When you visit Ubud market, the early morning market is very interesting and then it changes to day market. So try to go to both. Early morning is vegetables and locals buying etc.

You can book a bike ride that takes you through all the villages etc and picks up in Ubud, starts generally around Kintamani area and then finishes after lunch in Ubud. There are many, I did Bali Bike baik.

Consider staying in Lovina in North Bali, you can do an early morning dolphin seeing boat and its lovely walking along the black sand beach, its basically a fishing village.

In that area is Banjar hot springs and also The Buddhist temple.

You can come back down through the mountain and through Bedugal with temple on the lake and through pacung for gorgeous scenery and then head to Seminyak.

East Bali, I would include a visit to the Salt Panning, its amazing to see.

If you started in East Bali you can head to Lovina around the coast passing through Talumben. (great for snorkelling)

In the supermarkets you can buy Coffee Luwuk, I would just get the packets for gifts there. Bintang supermarket in Seminyak has lovely food gifts including a Balinese Jam by Awani.

Edited: 10 May 2018, 11:21
Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,882 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: last minute planning.. pls review my itinerary

So I would consider starting in Ubud then East Bali heading up and around the coast to Lovina and then come back down through Bedugal to end in Seminyak.

Belmont, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: last minute planning.. pls review my itinerary

Hi WSAH, thank you very much for all your tips and suggestions. We are definitely writing it all down! Can't wait to visit Indonesia soon next week!

Reply to: last minute planning.. pls review my itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted