We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestion on Amed snorkeling in sep 2018

Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestion on Amed snorkeling in sep 2018

Hi,

My bf and I will be visiting Bali in mid september. We probably will be based in Ubud, thinking to do a snorkeling day trip.

After a long search, AMED seems like a good place to go for, do you have any other suggestion? we are beginner and like to stay on budget:) Could anyone kindly recommend which tour agency to go with?

Thank you very much in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Amed
Amed
Abang, Indonesia
3 replies to this topic
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
8,694 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestion on Amed snorkeling in sep 2018

Ong, best to take some lessons and go to Amed with a driver, rent gear (or buy your own and bring with you) and snorkel from the beach at no cost. Ubud to Amed will entail at least 2 hours in the car each way, quite possibly a lot more. Padangbai will be closer to Ubud for snorkelling.

Mentioned in this post
Amed
Amed
Abang, Indonesia
Padangbai
Padangbai
Bali, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
14,271 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestion on Amed snorkeling in sep 2018

As above.

Hir a private driver for the day. Can go to Amed/Jemeluk bay. Hire some stuff off the guys on the beach. When bored have some lunch. Go off and do some sightseeing.

Going from Ubud to Amed you drive within 1mile of the Tirta Gangga Water palace so you can visit it on the way there or on the way back.

A private driver costs IDR600k ~ $45 for the whole day. Whole van privately to yourself NOT per person. See/do what you want.

Mentioned in this post
Amed
Amed
Abang, Indonesia
Jemeluk Beach
Jemeluk Beach
836 Reviews
Amed, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Tirta Gangga
Tirta Gangga
2,640 Reviews
Karangasem, Indonesia
Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,346 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestion on Amed snorkeling in sep 2018

If you decide to visit Amed it is best to book an Amed based driver as they will know the best spots for snorkelling. You can snorkel directly from the beach. Your driver will organise gear to rent if you ask them. My driver will also accompany you in the ocean if you wish. Let me know if you’d like his contact details.

Mentioned in this post
Amed
Amed
Abang, Indonesia
Reply to: Suggestion on Amed snorkeling in sep 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted