We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali itinary

Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bali itinary

My wife and I (mid 60s) are holidaying in Bali early June for 2weeks,initially staying in Legian for 3 days then taking in Ubud on to Sanur then Nusa Lembongan and possibly over to Lombok ,in your opinion is this doable,your input is appreciated

6 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali itinary

Hi Colin, what sort of activities are you both thinking you’d like to do on this holiday? That might determine your destination choices a lot. For my penny’s worth, I suggest you drop Lombok as it’s a destination worthy of at least a week on its own; choose between Legian and Sanur; then retain Ubud and Nusa Lembongan. Otherwise you could find yourselves spending more time moving about than sightseeing and relaxing.

Canberra
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali itinary

Your itinerary is doable, though rushed.

I prefer to do things that interest me, rather than trying to see everything.

Mortdale, Australia
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali itinary

I agree with the others...Id do Ubud..Lembongan (from Padang Bai) then Sanur..not rushed but great locations

Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali itinary

Thanks for your replies,in regards to our itinary,the first couple of days just r&r and general looking around,then we intend travelling inland stopping off at villages etc (wood carvings and local products on wish list) Then intend visiting the other areas doing the tourist thing,certainly not adverse to cycling ,hiking etc ,so wish to make use of our time in Bali

Sans Souci...
Level Contributor
424 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali itinary

You do have the time BUT if it's your first time to Bali i would suggest you concentrate on seeing & doing in Bali.

Lombok is not Bali and you will need to factor in travelling time (if you were to fly or take the ferry) from Bali to Lombok & return.

You really need at least three nights on Lombok e.g to tour, snorkel the Gilis etc.

You could also travel to Amed or Candidasa from Ubud for a couple of days to experience another one or two seaside location/s, totally different and beautiful areas to Legian (touristy) and Sanur (quiet in June) also touristy but much different to Legian.

"so wish to make use of our time in Bali"

Denpasar, Indonesia
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali itinary

I suggest you focus on where you really want to enjoy. your time will run out on the way to one place and another.

Reply to: Bali itinary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted