We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary dinner

melbourne
Level Contributor
132 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary dinner

Hi all,

Early days yet but, we'll be travelling to Bali in November and staying at the Kejora villas in Sanur with our 2 adult sons. Whilst we're there we will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary.

Hoping someone can suggest somewhere special for an anniversary dinner or even lunch?

Ideas I also had in mind was maybe a beach club where we could spend the afternoon?

Not sure if there are any in Sanur or close by?

I may even look at getting a chef to cook us a special dinner in our villa.

Not really sure yet!

Anyway, any suggestions would be really appreciated, thanks.

11 replies to this topic
melbourne
Level Contributor
132 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary dinner

Not sure what happened there but sorry about the typos!!

australia
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary dinner

Just a very personal view. I would prefer to celebrate my anniversary at a restaurant. If you mention that it's an anniversary dinner more often that not the restaurant will do something special, e.g. "Happy Anniversary" on your dessert plate. Other diners will "congratulate". You might like to start the celebrating at the Tree Bar at Maya (Resort) Sanur Happy Hour - there is a website. CharMing, Three Monkeys, Mona Lisa other restaurant suggestions.

Edited: 09 May 2018, 09:08
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,881 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary dinner

CharMing is gorgeous and a special spot for your Anniversary,

There is also a beach club in Sanur now called Artotel Beach Club

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary dinner

perhaps try the west side for a sunset dinner? blue fin or maybe sundara at the four seasons? both would be nice, special, if a little pricey.

Lots of options on that side that do sunset dinners.

enjoy

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
749 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary dinner

I can also recommend Charming as a good Anniversary Restaurant. Has that special feel about it.

australia
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary dinner

I've had so much trouble posting my answer this morning!! So, further to my previous post. You may like to start celebrating at the Tree Bar at the Maya Resort Happy Hour. There is a website. My dining suggestions - CharMing, Three Monkeys, Mona Lisa. The Fairmont does a seafood lunch on a Sunday Which I think is popular; not having been myself. Also Spice by Chris Salans at Maison Aurelia.

Edited: 09 May 2018, 09:08
melbourne
Level Contributor
132 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anniversary dinner

So many great suggestions thank you!

I'll have a look at them all. Charming looks good.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
626 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anniversary dinner

We went to CharMing for my birthday last year and it was a lovely romantic atmosphere.

In January we went to Gong restaurant for the first time and that would now be my choice of where to go for an anniversary dinner - it was beautiful and just perfect for a special meal. We felt the food was of a higher quality, particularly if you want Balinese cuisine and it was generally very well priced.

Both restaurants will pick you up and return you to your villa.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anniversary dinner

I love Kisik restaurant which is at Ayana Resort and go to the Rock Bar in same complex for drinks at sunset prior to dinner. It is absolutely beautiful and special, I wouldn't be able to afford if this was in Australia but over there the prices are comparable to what you would pay here. I go every year for my birthday and get a table sitting on the cliff edge, absolutely stunning and the food is the best.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anniversary dinner

Hi. I would go to the Tree Bar for pre-dinner drinks, and the rear courtyard at the Mona Lisa for my meal.

Have a great holiday and anniversary.

Reply to: Anniversary dinner
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted